Heavy Check Line Supervisor
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Heavy Check Line Supervisor for an opportunity in Kinston, North Carolina.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Serves the company as the customer Point of Contact (POC) and liaison for the assigned heavy check contracted line.
- Manages contract and direct hire Maintenance Technicians and aircraft assigned to the heavy maintenance line.
- Promotes safety throughout the organization as mandated through Company policies identified by executive management.
- Comply with duties and responsibilities including task analysis, risk analysis, risk assessments and risk control mitigation
- Demonstrates daily a commitment to the continuous improvement of safety throughout the organization.
- Ensures company is compliant with all Airworthiness Agreements and similar abiding documents. Ensures personnel assigned are trained and aware of customer’s requirements.
- Review planned aircraft work scopes for content. Ensure that parts are provided through purchasing to the Heavy Maintenance Facility Aircraft Technician as required.
- Coordinates with planning of scheduled and unscheduled aircraft maintenance assigned to the customer heavy maintenance line.
- Ensures compliance with safety policies and procedures found in Company manuals. Develop and initiates revisions as required.
- Monitor’s maintenance performance against Company policies, procedures, and standards, and provides recommendations to the General Manager to improve the safety of operations, performance of equipment, conservation of energy, and enhancing performance and productivity of entire operation.
- Performs analysis of customer work orders to assure proper billing and time accounting.
- Audit and approves MAC and Contractor technician’s timecards, overtime, for company and vendors for billing purpose; completes annual evaluations in a timely manner.
- Has the authority to perform risk assessments based on audit findings. Utilizes the Risk Matrix Process to assign the appropriate level of risk.
- Ensure each aircraft are properly certified and maintained in accordance with applicable company policies and procedures, OpSpecs, and applicable CFRs.
- Evaluates and recommends changes in the inspection and maintenance procedures.
- Recommends RII inspection authority to qualified maintenance personnel.
- Assures compliance with the MAC Shelf-Life and Tool Calibration Program.
- Ensures contractors that perform work on MAC aircraft are in compliance with applicable CFR and Company policies and procedures.
- Coordinates and initiates request to the Manager Maintenance Training for the training of maintenance personnel.
- Notifies the General Manager (by written report) of all practices, procedures, or items considered to be considered non-compliant or high risk.
- Prepares reports for the customer and other department managers as requested.
- Manages and monitors hangar ground support equipment, request repairs, as necessary.
- Point of contact for heavy maintenance facility and technicians.
- Assists the FAA in performing audits of aircraft and hangar at the heavy maintenance facility.
- Responsible for safety, reliability, and economy by anticipating equipment problems, developing capable employees, and effective tools, and by judicious use of personnel, equipment, and supplies.
- Directs the maintenance, repair, overhaul, and modification of aircraft components and related equipment in accordance with OEM maintenance manuals.
- Determines manpower and equipment requirements for the heavy maintenance facility customer heavy maintenance line.
- Strives for improvements in maintenance operations to reduce costs and improve reliability.
- Monitors the Master Training Status List (GMM-MT-1908) and Authorization List (GMM-MT-1915) to assure that an adequate amount of station personnel is trained, qualified, and available to meet the Heavy Maintenance Facility mission requirements.
- Updates schedule daily and notifies VP/DOM, Maintenance Control, Technical Services, General Manager, Lead Technicians and Chief Inspector of changes weekly.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Must hold a current A & P license
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of heavy maintenance management experience on similar type aircraft..
- Must have open minded flexibility and excellent communication skills.
- Must have industry awareness and have a compatible personality along with strong lateral leadership skills.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights. ?