LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking an Aerospace Inspector for an opportunity in Greensboro, NC.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Perform visual and functional inspections of aerospace products procured for, used by, and manufactured by customer as assigned by Quality Management.
- Inspect material and product by using and interpreting work/engineering documents to ensure conformity of articles.
- Ensure all assigned inspections are properly completed in compliance with established policies and procedures while ensuring corresponding inspection records, reports, and forms are properly executed prior to releasing products for use.
- Ensure safety procedures are followed and potential damage and injury are minimized.
- Perform surveillance to ensure compliance with all applicable FARs, policies, and procedures during the course of day-to-day assignments.
- Perform inspections only on products for which they have been properly trained and qualified.
- Monitor processes, monitor/gather data to analyze for trends, 1st part quality, etc.
- Participate in design build teams by providing input to the engineering design and determining critical design features the require inspection.
Qualifications and requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Skilled in the use of basic precision measurement equipment such as micrometers, calipers, ball gauges and radius gauges.
- Basic computer skills – Microsoft Office programs.
- Read, write and understand the English Language.
- Must have laminating, bonding and layup experience.
- Read, write and understand the English language.
- FAA Mechanic Certificate with Airframe rating preferred.
- Five (5) or more years of experience as a technician and/or inspector in an aerospace-related environment, or previous demonstrated ability preferred.
- Manufacturing inspection experience outside the aerospace industry may be considered.
- Must be have excellent communication skills and be able to interact with a wide variety of people.
- Thorough understanding of AS9102, FAA parts 21, and 45.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights.