Diesel Fleet Mechanic
Pay: $19 - $25 per hour, depending on experience
Shift A alternating Mon. - Thurs. for 2 weeks and then switch to Wed. - Sat. for 2 weeks.
Shift B alternating Wed. - Sat. 2 weeks and then switch Mon. - Thurs. for 2 weeks.
***Paid Time Off***
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform preventative maintenance and repairs on small fire truck engines, including, but not limited to welding.
- May need to drive diesel equipment in/out of the shop or through facility parking lot.
- Work in a safe manner, per company, local, state and federal policies and regulations.
- Perform preventative maintenance, electrical, suspension, and airbrake repairs, and run diagnostics on the fleet.
- Ability to speak, write and comprehend the English language in accordance with all safety-related regulations and product specifications to avoid product contaminations in addition to processing paperwork for invoicing, billing, etc.
- Remove and replace steering & chassis components.
- Other duties as required to support operations.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- The equivalent of High School Diploma or GED.
- 1+ year's diesel mechanic experience in commercial or fleet maintenance and repair shop.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen.
- Have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds, spending time bending, climbing and stooping.
- Must have own set of tools.
- Must have a valid Driver's License.
- Must have own steel toe boots.
- CDL preferred or ability to obtain.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.