Aircraft Support Mechanic (PFE)
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Preferred Fulltime Employee contract Aircraft Support Mechanic (ASM). The PFE ASM performs various tasks using appropriate equipment in the use of technical functions related to Aircraft Maintenance.
- Airframe and Engine/Component Mtc .
- May require other technical functions as developed.
- Requires a working knowledge, understanding and familiarity with approved manuals and procedures as associated with the job function.
- Practices safety conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent
An Airframe and Powerplant license and Avionics experience is preferred, but not required
A minimum of one license is required along with the ability to secure the second license within 12 months of employment.
Candidate must be willing to work rotating or fixed shifts.
Candidate must be able to read and write English and comprehend and apply information contained in technical manuals.
Candidate must also be able to work and operate in a safe and compliant manner.
Must be able to work without close supervision.
Candidate should have strong organizational skills and be able to respond to changing or multiple work demands.
Must possess basic understanding of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic disciplines as they apply to aircraft systems
Must achieve a satisfactory score on tests structured to determine the ability to perform essential job functions.
Must meet the physical requirements which qualify a person to perform essential job functions.
Must be able to multi-task and work under pressure.
Be able to DOT drug test
Be authorized to work in the US
Have the ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
Successfully Complete full AMT testing ( 4 ) Mechanical Aptitude, Spatial Relations, Job Orientation, Troubleshooting
- Successfully complete a fingerprint-based Criminal History Records check prior to beginning work.
- Must meet the physical requirements which qualify a person to perform essential job functions including the ability to lift at least 70 pounds.
- A valid clear driver’s license.
As required by the FAA for all persons in safety-sensitive positions, candidates selected for this position are subject to a drug test.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
LAUNCH provides you with a real benefits package, including access to company-sponsored medical/dental insurance and a 401k program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights.