LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Assembly Mechanics for an opportunity in Wellington, Kansas.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reads and interprets written work orders and aerospace blueprints and drawings to determine parts requirements and sequence of assembly steps.
- Cleans or otherwise prepares part surfaces for assembly.
- Applies and cleans excess adhesives, lubricants, sealants, and other substances as required by work order, drawing, and/or blueprint instructions to piece parts for assembly.
- Inserts rings, pins, and other standards and fastens parts together using nuts, bolts, screws, clips, rivets, or other fasteners.
- Uses hammers, punches, pliers, screwdrivers, wrenches, rivet guns, and other hand tools to perform assembly operation.
- Installs bushings and bearings and uses hand tools to produce close fit between parts.
- Operates drill presses, presses, or riveting machines to assist in assembly operation.
- Uses micrometers, force gauges, calipers, torque wrenches, dial indicators, and other types of precision measuring tools and equipment. Reads measuring tools and interprets readings in performing assembly operations.
- Handles parts, subassemblies and assemblies with care to ensure those with finishes or special coatings are not damaged or blemished.
- Performs functional testing.
- Meets established standards for productivity and quality. Confers with supervisor when problems arise which impact expected level of performance.
- Responsible for supporting and ensuring compliance to ISO 9002/AS9100 Quality Management Systems.
- Must contribute to a positive work environment.
- Performs any task required to support customer requirements and company goals.
Qualifications and requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and minimum of 5 years light and or sub-assembly experience
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business language, technical procedures, aerospace blueprints and drawings, manuals, governmental regulations, and safety procedures and instructions.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you are ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights. ?