LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking an Manufacturing Test Technician for an opportunity in Mason, Ohio.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The manufacturing test technician supports manufacturing in the testing, and failure analysis and resolution, of medium to highly complex electro-optical sensors and assemblies. The candidate would have good knowledge of electrical measurements, and be familiar with using, Meters, Oscilloscopes, Signal Sources, Computers, and other equipment used in the testing of electronic and optical components and modules.
This is a hands-on position that requires a strong ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, to perform electronics testing and analysis of complex electronic assemblies and systems. The candidate must have good hand-eye coordination for work with small tools under a microscope. The ideal candidate will have a solid working knowledge of electronics, and a strong aptitude and interest in working with automated and manual test equipment as well as the communication skills required to work with engineering, management and other technicians. The candidate must be detail oriented and have meticulous record keeping skills.
Communication skills are extremely important as this role includes working with engineering on product introduction as well as training/supporting operators in the group.
- Performs set-up, calibration, testing, tuning and troubleshooting of complex electro-optical circuits and components, instruments, mechanical assemblies and test stations. Will require use of a microscope and small tools as well as mechanical hand tools.
- Recognizes failures, and test set up problems, and determines appropriate corrective action.
- Operates a variety of programmable test equipment (i.e. oscilloscope, function generator, meters, power supplies, etc.)
- Works from written and verbal instructions, test specifications, wiring diagrams and schematics.
- Records and maintains test data and assembly travelers.
- May assist more experienced technicians with more complex test procedures.
- May interface with Engineering to help solve design problems.
- Must have thorough understanding of electronics theory/measurements.
- Ability to work with small hand tools and use microscope.
- Requires fully proficient job knowledge/skills.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, and a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience
- Preferred 2 years post-Secondary/AAS degree in Electronics or Electro-mechanical Technology with a minimum of 2 years prior related experience, or military equivalent.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights.