We are currently looking to hire several Test Technicians for our manufacturing facility in Franklin Park, IL. These positions pay up to $19/hour to start and are on the 1st shift, Monday to Friday 6 am-2:30 pm.
Position Summary: Responsible for performing varied complex testing procedures for units, systems, parts, or processes, both at clients factory and in field as needed for Start-Up and Commissioning Services. Responsible for field warranty work and repair. Ensures that product conforms to design specifications. Spends a limited amount of time giving technical assistance, work direction and/or training to other technicians.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Read and understand electrical schematics
- Troubleshoot switchgear issues per electrical diagrams
- Test and verify wiring on switchgear according to electrical diagrams
- Perform complex mechanical and electrical tests to ensure that physical characteristics, mechanical operations, and electrical functions conform to design and industry standards
- Assess defects and malfunctions and makes recommendations for improvement to Mechanical Engineers, Design Engineers and management.
- Collaborate with Quality and Engineering to improve test methods and to resolve problems of manufacturing assembly and/or process nature.
- Signs all required test inspection documents for record and approval for shipment.
- Sets up and maintains test equipment.
- Installs, maintains, troubleshoots, and performs field measures of electrical switchgear in the field as needed.
- Responsible for inventory of company owned tools, test equipment and PPE needed in order to perform their duties.
- Travel up to 50% and long work hours with variable schedules, including weekends and holidays as needed to maintain operational responsibilities and meet customer needs
- Regular in-person attendance is an essential function of this job