FPGA Design Engineer
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking an FPGA Design Engineer for an opportunity in Salt Lake City, UT.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) design engineer with industry experience in digital communications, modems, and/or digital signal processing (DSP). Areas of desired experience or education include:
• Digital filters
• Forward Error Correction (FEC)
• FPGA verification through simulation and unit testing.
• Experience in either VHDL (preferred) or Verilog development languages.
• Experience implementing complex modem and/or DSP circuits in programmable logic using FPGA devices. Equivalent experience in ASIC design is also applicable.
• Experience implementing industry standard interfaces (e.g. 10/100/1000 Ethernet, SPI, UART, SDRAM, DDR3, JESD, PCIe, Ethernet).
• Experience in simulation, synthesis, and placement software tools such as ModelSim, Synplicity, Xilinx Vivado / ISE and/or Altera Quartus development tool sets.
• Experience in laboratory debug techniques using digital scopes, logic analyzers, BERTS, and other complex measurement devices.
• FPGA Design using High-speed serial interfaces (3+ Gbps)
• Familiarity with code revision management tools such as Git/Clearcase.
• Familiarity with C/C++/C# and Matlab/Simulink.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s (Master’s preferred) degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
• GPA of 3.0 or greater (3.5 preferred)
• 6+ years FPGA design experience on Digital Signal Processing designs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights.