LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking an Aircraft Maintenance D, Structural for an opportunity in Waco, TX.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will possess at least 8 years of experience (or equivalent, see qualifications) on aircraft heavy structures and modifications. Relevant experience includes locating/fitting sheetmetal or heavy structure parts and components, performing drill up and fastener installation, all in accordance with drawings, tech manuals or other written instructions. Additionally, candidate will demonstrate a willingness to learn, ability to comply with written policies, procedures and other instructions.
Major functions: You will demonstrate success by:
- A thorough understanding of aircraft drawings and maintenance manuals
- In depth knowledge of tools required to perform this job function
- Great familiarity with general industry standards on quality expectations and ability to proficiently self-inspect completed work
- In depth knowledge of sheetmetal principals and techniques
- Ability and willingness to train and mentor lower level technicians
- General knowledge of military aircraft FOD and Tool Control requirements
- C-130H and C-130J Periodic Depot Maintenance (PDM), or modification experience a plus
- G550 Structure and Modification a plus
- 737 C Check and Modification a plus
- Working from drawings, blueprints, sketches, written procedures, planned work orders, technical work orders, work cards and/or any other authorized reference material as required to complete assigned work.
- Performing structural modifications, aircraft inspections or repairs. Sometimes in confined spaces.
- Use of company computer systems for work documentation and retrieval of production related documents
- May substitute 2 years of experience with completion of Airframe and Power plant schooling or A&P certificate
- Must be able to be certified to operate self-propelled vehicles such as forklifts, scissor lifts, boom lifts and aircraft tow vehicles. Requires flight line physical.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to achieve and maintain security clearance
- Must be able to read and write the English Language
- Must be able to work overtime, any shift, and weekends as required.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background, drug, & medical screening; subject to FAA requirements and random substance abuse screening.
- Must possess mechanical skills and have the ability to assemble close tolerance part using hand tools such as pneumatic drills and rivet guns.
- Must have requisite basic tools prior to starting to work; tool list will be provided. Tools must be shadowed and engraved
- OSHA Physical
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights.