Diesel Mechanic/Trailer Mechanic
Contract to Direct 200
Total # Needed = 1
The open position is on 2nd Shift; Hours: 11 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Location: York, PA.
Seeking a full-time Diesel Mechanic/ Trailer Mechanic for our York, PA location.
This position pays $26 per Hour.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
• Tractor repairs
• Trailer repairs
• Support equipment repairs
• Inspections (Scheduled/Unscheduled/DOT)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform inspections on company owned equipment
• Sign off on DOT inspections
• Perform DOT brake inspections and repairs (air brakes)
• Repair air conditioning systems as needed
• Charge parts out into the company's computer system
• Read, troubleshoot, and repair electronic diesel engines
• Read and understand equipment electrical circuits and diagrams
• Troubleshoot and repair air brake systems
• Be familiar with DOT out-of-service criteria
• Know how to operate a torque wrench
• Safely operate shop supplied heavy duty tools
• Safely drive company owned equipment
One year of experience in the operation and repair of tractor (class 8), and trailers (air brakes) inspection/repairs within a fleet, state, or federal (including Armed Forces) shop environment is preferred. Two year degree with a leading technical college in the repair of diesel engines is preferred.