Assembly Technician - Structure Assembly
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Structural Assemblers with aerospace assembly experience for an opportunity in Charleston, South Carolina.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Structural Assemblers perform routine production assembly operations on structural and mechanical assemblies, subassemblies and aircraft systems, equipment and accessories using manual operations.
- Ability to select correct parts, materials, tools, assemblies, standards, hardware, install, fit, fasten, align, adjust and perform the necessary pre-installation assembly work to accomplish the installation of structural/system components requiring the use of production and engineering prints to determine exact locations.
- Report job constraints such as: errors caused by workmanship, defects in parts, materials, assembly procedures, tools, sequences, etc., in accordance with customer procedures.
- Perform any repairs, rework, functional checks and the incorporation of authorized changes, etc.
- Remove and/or replace installed components and any related parts.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, drawings, schematics, engineering dispositions and instructions.
- Be safety conscious; employ the use of safety glasses, safety harnesses, respirators, boot socks, and other pertinent safety equipment 100% of the time.
- Exhibit exemplary housekeeping and Foreign Object Debris (FOD) standards.
- Maintain clean, neat, organized and FOD free work area.
- Possess understanding and knowledge of basic computer systems and programs.
- Ability stand for long periods of time, and work in elevated and/or confined spaces as required.
- Frequent overhead work may be required.
- Frequent overtime may be required.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Candidates must have one year of direct Aerospace Structure experience as a minimum requirement, and preferably have three years of direct Aerospace Structure experience.
- Candidates may be considered with either relative large scale manufacturing systems assembly experience of at least one year
- Completion of relevant aerospace manufacturing program (ex. Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Trident Technical College, Pittsburg Aeronautical Institute, etc.)
Aerospace structural experience should include drilling close tolerance holes, gap checking and shimming, working with primary structural elements of the airplane, part interface.
- Follow all Safety Guidelines and Quality Guidelines (including FOD)
- Proper use of personal protective equipment and protect the product equipment
- Ability to read and understand written and verbal English instructions
- Ability to determine proper techniques when drilling and reaming / handling different materials (Aluminum, Titanium, Composites etc)
- Proper use of common hand tools to include torque and measurement meters & gages
- Proper use of drills and other items (High speed drill, Low speed drill, Egg Cups, Drill Guide & Drill Stops etc
- Use of measurement devices (read scales, grip gage, bore gage, Tru-lok gage, flushness gage etc)
- Installation and Removal of fasteners (US bolts, hi lite, hi lok, Huck etc)
Possess understanding and knowledge of basic computer systems and programs.
Ability to stand for long periods of time, and work in elevated and/or confined spaces as required.
Frequent overhead work may be required.
Frequent overtime may be required.
- Must be flexible and able to work independently.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH provides you with a real benefits package, including access to company-sponsored medical/dental insurance and a 401k program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights. ?