Environmental Health & Safety Manager
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking an Environmental Health & Safety Manager for an opportunity in Greensboro, NC.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The EH&S Manager will be responsible for planning and implementing the EHS strategy. The EH& S Manager will engage with all levels of the business and introduce fresh ideas to improve the processes, systems, and culture. This role requires someone who can educate the leaders of the organization with a hands-on approach to affect change focused on the shop floor.
- Develop and maintain local site Environmental, Health & Safety systems and procedures, supporting the Companies ambition to become ISO 45001 complaint.
- Monitor and reporting on all aspects of Environment Health & Safety.
- Maintaining the EH&S Management system and control documentation within it.
- Completing and reviewing risk assessments for all work equipment and operations, supporting, and advising managers to ensure completion.
- Ensuring that all accidents are documented, investigated, and recommended improvements implemented (understanding / experience in the use of KELVIN TOPSET investigation methodologies would be an advantage but not essential)
- Carrying out safety inspections, fire drills and fire alarms and correctly reporting.
- Liaising with EH&S consultants in the provision of training programs for Environmental and H&S services
- Keeping up to date with all aspects of relevant Environmental, Health, safety and welfare legislation and communicate relevant changes to the business and advising the business on the as appropriate.
- Act as the initial point of contact with Federal, State and local authorities concerning safety and environmental issues.
- Assisting in the management and organizing of the safe disposal of hazardous substances.
- Carrying out and delivering induction training to all new employees.
- Responsible to maintain all OSHA & EPA required logs, reports and documentation.
- Serve as the BCCM Coordinator helping to plan for and coordinate in the event of a Crisis or Business Continuity event.
- Inspect and supervise the Hazardous Waste Accumulation and universal waste storage areas in accordance with state and local regulations and policy/procedures.
- Arrange for and schedule the proper disposal of hazardous or regulated waste and expired materials.
- Ensure that all hazardous and regulated waste manifests and records are true, accurate, and filed in a manner to be accessible to all federal state and local regulators.
- Obtain required EPA permits and maintain files/programs as required.
Qualifications and requirements:
Four-year college degree in Environmental Engineering, Safety Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Industrial Hygienist, Chemical Engineering or a related area, or equivalent work experience.
Two (2) to five (5) years progressively responsible EH&S experience or the equivalent combination of education and EH&S experience.
Must be familiar and comfortable working within an Environmental Management System.
Must complete required training and annual refresher course to act as a Hazardous Waste Program Manager.
In addition to above, must hold or be able to achieve at least one recognized professional safety certification within 24 months of initial hiring.
Must have computer skills for use with typical business software and equipment.
Knowledge of workman’s compensation law, Safety, Occupational health, OSHA, and FAA drug program requirements is required.
Good written and verbal communication skills are needed.
Requires dealing with persons at all levels within the company and outside the company on matters requiring explanation, discussion, persuasion, and obtaining approvals.
Must be able to plan own work and to use professional knowledge to evaluate and interpret job requirements, guided by standard or accepted practice.
If not currently certified,
Must complete 8 hours of hazardous waste management within 90 days of accepting the position.
Must complete 40 hours of RCRA training within 2 years of accepting the position.
Must complete 40 hours of Emergency Response Training (HAZWOPPER) within 2 years of accepting the position.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- The ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must be computer literate.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Read, write and understand the English language.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights.