LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Procurement Manager for an opportunity in Greensboro, NC.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Procurement Manager directs and coordinates activities of all procurement personnel engaged in purchasing to support manufacturing operations. This includes direct materials, raw materials, equipment, machinery, and supplies required to support plant activities and production. Responsible for evaluating suppliers, developing new suppliers and recommending actions as required to improve supplier performance.
- Manage day to day procurement activities and agents to ensure compliance with all company and regulatory policies.
- Implement and track cost savings, spending compliance and variances and prepare reports on those efforts for Senior Management.
- Manage the solicitation process by drafting or reviewing Requests for Proposals, Invitations for Bids, or other solicitation methods. Review proposed solicitation recipient lists to ensure adequate competition.
- Interface with suppliers to develop and maintain positive relations and ensure competitive pricing.
- Oversee and direct Supply Chain metrics reporting, including supplier scorecards and performance ratings.
- Confer with supplier and business representatives to obtain product information and comparisons.
- Oversee and direct all material bidding systems and change notices.
- Manage procurement agents in preparation of all purchase orders and obtain appropriate approvals.
- Analyze market and delivery conditions to determine present and future material availability and preparation of market analysis reports.
- Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
- Direct procurement personnel in all supplier matters.
- Assist in the facilitation of continuous improvement and profitability of Sourcing and Procurement processes.
- Provide Analytical support for sourcing feasibility efforts.
- Carry out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, and training department employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications and requirements:
Four year college degree or equivalent work experience in Purchasing and/or fields in Supply Chain Management.
Fifteen years procurement and Supply Chain Management experience leading to a solid understanding of the organization’s processes and product flow, the ability to interpret engineering data where applicable and a demonstrated ability to make quick and accurate decisions.
Proficient in MS Office software applications.
Good written and oral communication skills and the traits of an effective leader in correspondence with Suppliers and Executive Management.
Good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work and accurately perform duties.
Must have independent problem solving skills and the discipline to persevere until problems are solved.
Willingness to continue personal growth and development.
International and domestic travel required, up to 20%.
Demonstrates excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- The ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must be computer literate.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Read, write and understand the English language.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights.