LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Dimensional Inspector for an opportunity in El Cajon, California.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Dimensional Inspector uses predetermined methods, operations, setups, and prescribed specifications to inspect visually in-process and completed units and subsystems. Inspect and/or test raw materials or processed, machined, fabricated, or assembled parts or products for defects, wear and/or deviations from specifications. May use precision measuring instruments and complex test equipment.
- Plan inspection methods including setup and mathematical computations required of first article parts, verify conformance to tool design and/or blueprint specification/requirements.
- Inspect supplier-furnished raw materials and fabricated or processed parts using standard inspection fixtures or gages to assure visual and dimensional compliance with requirements.
- Verify required certifications are present and comply with the purchase order-referenced specifications/requirements.
- Perform receiving, in-process and final inspection of parts and assemblies to assure visual and dimensional compliance to specifications/requirements, including use of coordinate measuring machines/Leica Laser, etc.
- Perform resistance and fusion weld inspections to ensure compliance with customer requirements.
- Perform set-up and mathematical computations required to inspect, adjust, and calibrate measuring equipment, gages, test equipment and qualifying fixtures.
- Maintain receiving inspection certifications. In addition, maintain gage calibration history files and records on active gages.
- Recall gages for periodic checks to verify continued precision and accuracy.
- Work with Engineering, Production Supervisors and Operators to document and maintain statistical process control (SPC) data and charts.
- Work with technicians/inspectors to upgrade their dimensional inspection skills, improve product quality and qualify technician for inspection certification.
- Inspects all type of tools and gages, including fixtures, dies, and templates using precision measuring equipment.
- Perform product, process, workstation, and system audits.
- Ensure proper safety procedure is followed within the team environment.
- Maintains a clean work environment in full compliance with company standards, customer, and government regulations.
- Assists in the maintenance of a business culture which supports the Company's overall business objectives and goals.
- Trains other employees as required.
- Know and understand company and department policies and safety procedures.
- Report to work on time, follow instructions from supervisor or management, interact well with co-workers, understand, and follow work rules and procedures.
- High School Degree/GED and two or more years vocational/trade school training or higher or equivalent education and experience.
- Minimum two (2) years related experience including but not limited to basic trigonometry, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing, surface plate layout and statistical process control (SPC).
- Coordinate measuring machine (CMM) experience a plus.
- Geometric dimensioning & tolerancing (GD&T), Certified Quality Inspector (CQI) and/or Certified Quality Auditor experience/certifications preferred.
- Knowledge of quality control and production processes.
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic, algebra, geometry, and their applications.
- Ability to complete visual weld inspections certification training.
- Ability to use a variety of hand tools and machines for inspection.
- Ability to read blueprints and/or specifications from engineering drawings.
- Ability to follow and comprehend verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to see details at close range.
- Ability to learn basic computer skills.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights. ?