Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) Inspector
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a NDT Inspector for an opportunity in El Cajon, California.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The NDT Inspector will perform non-destructive testing on material/manufactured products. Evaluate and interpret non-destructive test results. May use precision measuring instruments and complex test equipment.
- Process and inspect hardware and weldmats using X-Ray and/or fluorescent penetrant inspection (FPI) in accordance with applicable techniques, codes, standards, procedures and customer specifications.
- Visually examine materials or products for signs of corrosion, metal fatigue, cracks or other flaws or defects, using applicable and appropriate tools and equipment.
- Prepare reports on non-destructive testing results.
- Perform material/product hardness and conductivity testing.
- Select, calibrate or operate equipment used in the non-destructive testing of products or materials.
- IEnsure proper safety procedure is followed within the team environment.
- Maintains a clean work environment in full compliance with company standards, customer and government regulations.
- Assists in the maintenance of a business culture which supports the Company's overall business objectives and goals.
- Appear to work on time, follow instructions from supervisor or management, interact well co-workers, understand and follow work rules and procedures.
- High School diploma or GED certificate or equivalent education and experience.
- Prior certification as level 2 NDT, visual and/or X-Ray inspector preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years related experience.
- Ability to operate and/or use a variety of hand tools and/or machines including dyes and penetrant.
- Ability to follow and comprehend verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to read blueprints and specifications.
- Basic mathematical skills and knowledge with arithmetic applications.
- Ability to work well in a diverse and team environment.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to obtain and maintain NDT inspection certification(s) as required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights. ?