LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Aerospace Inspectors for an opportunity in Wellington, Kansas.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Assembly Inspectors will be responsible for the coordination of quality activities mainly assembly inspections of varying degree, root cause-corrective actions (RCCA), FAIs, NCRs, and supplier issues. This position requires internal customer contact in a cross-functional work environment. Reports directly to the Quality Manager and is dotted-line to the Production team and Program Manager.
- Daily assembly inspection, ensuring product is per type design and understanding of communication and feedback between incoming and downstream internal customers.
- Coordinate containment of stock and WIP as needed through quality investigations.
- Attend QRB meetings supporting QE’s and internal issues that are tracked and documented.
- Real time shop floor support for quality based investigations and resolutions.
- Work with the QEs on customer returns, RMA process, and documentation of the quality portion of the RCCA process.
- Creation of NCR’s and other quality documentation as required.
- Delivery of formal quality training as needed to quality personnel.
- All employees are responsible for the quality of their work and implementation of the policy and procedures applicable to processes they perform.
- Employees also identify any known or potential problems and recommend related solutions through the internal audit and/or corrective/preventative action processes.
- Has authority to stop any production order for quality concerns or safety concerns.
Qualifications and requirements:
- 3 – 5 years of experience in a precision sheet metal, assembly shop environment or equivalent.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with the calibration and use of dimensional measuring equipment.
- Must be capable of performing First Article Inspection measurements, ascertaining the compliance of parts meeting the print requirements, detail oriented and quick to make decisions.
- Experience with ISO 9001, AS9100, and AS9102.
- Must understand quality as it relates to total customer service philosophy.
- Experienced in the use of blueprints, MS Office, and MRP systems.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you are ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights. ?