LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Assemblers with aerospace assembly experience for an opportunity in Charleston, South Carolina.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs routine production assembly operations on structural and mechanical assemblies, subassemblies and aircraft systems, equipment and accessories using manual operations. Ability to select correct parts, materials, tools, assemblies, standards, hardware, etc. Drill, shim, install, fit, fasten, align, adjust and perform the necessary pre-installation assembly work to accomplish the installation of structural components requiring the use of production and engineering prints to determine exact locations. Report job constraints such as: errors caused by workmanship, defects in parts, materials, assembly procedures, tools, sequences, etc., in accordance with Boeing procedures. Perform any repairs, rework, functional checks and the incorporation of authorized changes, etc., as outlined by Lead. Remove and/or replace installed components and any related parts. Must be able but not limited to Drill close tolerance holes in composites, Tool indexing, Gap measurement.
Ability to read and understand blueprints, drawings, schematics, engineering dispositions and instructions. Be safety conscious; employ the use of safety glasses, safety harnesses, respirators, boot socks, and other pertinent safety equipment 100% of the time. Exhibit exemplary housekeeping and Foreign Object Debris (FOD) standards. Maintain clean, neat, organized and FOD free work area. Possess understanding and knowledge of basic computer systems and programs. Ability stand for long periods of time, and work in elevated and/or confined spaces as required. Frequent overhead work may be required. Frequent overtime may be required.
Qualifications and requirements:
• Lift less than 25 pounds (Occasional lifting of 21-35 pounds), bend and twist at the waist, walk, crawl, crouch, stand for long periods, kneel, reach, climb/balance, flexion/extension
• Contact with sealants and solvents, exposure to noise, working on elevated platforms
• Use personal protective gear for face, eyes, ears, hand, and arms as required.
• Pass visual acuity and color perception tests
• Read, write, and comprehend the English language
• Handle, use, and dispose of hazardous material
• Obtain & maintain training certifications as required to support assignment responsibilities
• Occasional (1 to 3 hrs) finger manipulation
• On occasion, a 2-person lift may be necessary for weights greater than 50 lbs
• Frequent reaching overhead (3 to 6 hrs)
• Frequent walking on flat surfaces
• Frequent standing flat or uneven surfaces
• Frequent balancing on a ladder, steps, or uneven surfaces
• Occasional climbing on 3-12 ft ladders or stands
• Rotation of head/neck, sitting, crawling, squatting, bend/stoop, lying down, and operate foot controls
• Occasional contact with metals
• Exposure to plastics and solvents to atmospheric conditions
• Frequent exposure to noise
Qualifications and requirements:
- Must have min HS diploma or GED and 1 or more years (Preferred 3 or more)
- No tools required.
- Work is prescribed and completed with close supervision and little autonomy
- Duties are clearly defined and methods and tasks are described in detail
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Ability stand for long periods of time, and work in elevated and/or confined spaces as required.
- Frequent overhead work may be required.
- Frequent overtime may be required.
- Must be flexible and able to work independently.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH provides you with a real benefits package, including access to company-sponsored medical/dental insurance and a 401k program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights. ?