LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Machinist for an opportunity in Greensboro, NC.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Machinist will operate machine shop equipment to fabricate parts and perform repairs within prescribed cycle-time / budgeted time and at HCS standards of quality. The Machinist performs basic programming, operates CNC Machines and is responsible to work in a safe manner eliminating waste and delivering a quality product on time.
- Perform typical CNC and Manual machine shop operations
- Perform basic programming, setup and operate CNC/Manual milling machines (horizontal and vertical).
- Perform basic programming, setup and operate CNC/Manual lathes, drill press, hydraulic press, and grinders.
- Perform layout and prepare shop drawings as required.
- Sets up and operates tools according to instructions, specifications, and standard charts.
- Studies blueprints, work orders, and other specifications to ensure the proper setup sequence is followed.
- Selects, places, and secures tools.
- Places and secures workpieces in proper machine table, holding device, or other appropriate surface using clamps and wrenches.
- Prepares fixtures and feeding devices, starts machine, and engages feed.
- Observes each machine to verify quality performance and sets/adjusts necessary controls to regulate machines.
- Verifies measuring instruments such as gauges, calipers, and micrometers are in proper working order.
- Promote a culture of safety by monitoring self and others to assure all duties are performed within the guidelines as specified by the HCS policies and procedures
Qualifications and requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience performing machine shop operations
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to perform layout and prepare shop drawings
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Two (2) years related working experience preferred.
- Strong CNC programming skills preferred.
- Experience reading and using blue prints preferred.
- Knowledgeable in metal identification and properties preferred.
- Associates degree or relevant certification preferred.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights.