LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Line Supervisor with A&P License and previous experience for an opportunity in Jacksonville, FL.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Line Supervisor oversees and controls the continuation of aircraft maintenance functions in the area of responsibility as directed by the Line Manager. Work accomplished to provide airworthiness upon completion of the tasks assigned or required by the customer. Plans and schedules departmental workloads and supervises crew operations to maximize the effective utilization of employees, equipment and material/supplies to maintain project profitability as communicated by Sr. Leadership, Maintenance, and Production Control.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Aircraft Maintenance Technology or related field; or equivalent background providing knowledge of appropriate business, industry, and technical principles, procedures and management techniques
- Must be fluent in spoken and written English. Spanish a plus
- Position requires FAA A&P license in good standing
- Minimum 3 (three) years related experience, including at least two years in a lead capacity, providing knowledge of tier one customer’s aircraft maintenance program. Integrated technical and operations management experience required.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications to include: Outlook, Excel, Word, and Project. Proficiency in Flightstar’s ERP integrated operating system (AMROS)
- Strong leadership, organizational, and project management skills
- Strong analytical, influencing skills and interpersonal skills
- Advanced technical reading/writing skills
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality
- Provide supervision and direction to technicians in carrying out aircraft maintenance functions as required maximizing efficiency and minimizing work hours and errors. Monitor work performance on a regular basis.
- Ensure the assigned aircraft maintenance work is properly performed and is legibly documented.
- Monitor and control project materials and maintenance labor expenses with regard to overtime requirements and limitations, according to instructions, plans, budgets, and schedules.
- Oversee the correct use of tools and equipment required to accomplish assigned tasks efficiently, properly, and safely.
- Provide liaison with other departments to ensure proper coordination of support efforts and availability of required information.
- Ensure that work progress is accurately documented on non-routine or routine paperwork to include stamps, signatures, and references per Flightstar’s ERP system.
- Ensure proper maintenance and control of aircraft visibility work boards and/or work booths indicating work remaining and work in progress, as appropriate.
- Review estimates for all non-routine maintenance documents and communicates any major defects or findings to the Line Manager.
- Obtains customer hours/financial approval on original and revised estimates through EBAP.
- Enters turnovers in ERP system and ensures that necessary communication is logged as directed.
- Initiates and recommends approval of personnel actions including PTO, pay changes, performance appraisals, promotions, transfers, and leaves of absence.
- Interviews, selects and/or recommends hire of employees; and provides appropriate training for departmental personnel.
- Documents, reports, and investigates all accidents in accordance with SMS policy and procedures.
- Will perform verbal coaching records to adjust/improve employee performance in accordance with company expectations.
- Ensures adherence to company policies and procedures with regard to all department functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights.