LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Senior Accountant for an opportunity in Greensboro, NC.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Lead Accounting, Financial, and Operational Analysis.
- Lead General Ledger accounting reconciliation/analysis as required
- Produce month-end closing schedules
- Manage completion of closing schedule activities to ensure a timely and accurate close.
- Create journal entries to support activity for G/
- Ensure GL account accuracy
- Prepare GL account analysis and reconciliations and research any discrepancies.
- Prepare Journals for any adjustments required
- Lead and provide operational analysis of Manufacturing Activity
- Evaluate product cost and margin analysis
- Publish Program performance reports with trend analysis
- Quantify financial impact of operational activity by publishing operational performance reports -overtime, utilization, rework, etc.)
- Verify accuracies of reports and correct if necessary,
- Support Continuous Improvement initiatives by reviewing current processes and looking for opportunities to streamline
- Provide Internal Control over Inventory, Job and expense transactions
- Review for proper costing of General Ledger transactions
- Support continuous improvement initiatives
- Review and suggest corrective action for transactional processes
- Provide support as assigned for Finance processing of transactions related to Purchase Requests, Capital Asset Acquisitions, Customer Billing, Revenue Recognition and Accounts Payable.
- Cross Train on core processes in Accounts Receivable and Payable to serve as a backup and needed.
Qualifications and requirements:
BA/BS undergraduate degree in accounting/finance or equivalent experience
Minimum five (5) years accounting, auditing or financial analysis experience
Proficient with Excel, comfortable with mainframe accounting systems
Strong mathematical and analytical skills
Must have working knowledge of accounting documentation (GAAP Standards)
Must read, write, speak and understand the English language
Individual should be a self-starter requiring minimum supervision
Proven ability to handle multiple task/projects simultaneously
- Must be able to lift and carry 15 lbs. Handles typical office supplies weighing less than 5 lbs.
- Normal office environment where approximately 80% of work is performed in a sitting position with the remaining time walking and moving around the office area.
- Filing duties require typical bending, stooping, reaching, stretching, etc.
- Normal mental and visual attention along with manual coordination for keyboard operations is necessary approximately 25% of the time. Normal or corrected hearing and vision are required.
- Must be able to work assigned schedule with minimal absences.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Read, write and understand the English language.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights.