Aerostructure Repair Mechanic
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking an Aerostructure Repair Mechanic with component repair experience for an opportunity in Victorville, CA.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Aerostructure Repair Mechanic applies basic and some advanced technical skills and knowledge related to the overhaul and repair of
parts, components and complete subsystems for operational aircraft applications. Perform any of the detailed work operations required in these areas.
- Performs tasks that are simple to moderately complex requiring some skill, experience, and judgment to complete.
- Performs disassembly, overhaul and repair of parts, components, and subsystems for in-service aircraft applications of products and processes that are varied but generally not complex requiring some skill and experience. Reads and interprets manufacturers' and airline's maintenance manuals, service bulletins, and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Reads and interprets planning, blueprints, sketches, or product specifications to determine sequence and methods of removal, repair, replacement and installation of parts and components of mechanical aircraft subsystems.
- Disassembles and inspects parts for wear, warping, or other defects. Repairs, replaces, and rebuilds aircraft operational mechanical systems, components and structures including rigging, plumbing and electrical wiring harnesses. Adjusts, repairs, or replaces electrical wiring system and aircraft accessories.
- Lays out and marks dimensions and reference lines on material to develop or back drill hole patterns for access doors, installation or replacement of sheet metal parts or other like applications. Trims to fit, file, grinds, deburrs, buffs, and smooths surfaces.
- Bolts, rivets, screws, clips, caulks, or bonds component parts to assemble products. Installs assemblies in tooling according to work instructions. Inspects assemblies and installation for conformance to specifications.
- Performs other duties as required. These duties may include assignments in job classifications and departments other than the primary assignment.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Must have 2+ years of experience in a similar position.
- Must be able to read and write the English language and learn to interpret and comprehend company
- policies, procedures, safety instructions, work instructions, engineering specifications, Material Safety
- Data Sheets, and other like documents used in an aerospace manufacturing environment.
- Reads and interprets manufacturer’s specifications and overhaul manuals.
- Reads and comprehends engineering drawings and technical work instructions.
- Reads and comprehends technical manuals issued by OEMs and customers.
- Develops and fabricates shop aids to perform specialized operations.
- Demonstrates competency in the use of standard assembler and mechanics hand tools, such as drill motors, rivet guns, bucking bars, die grinders, rivet squeeze, layout scales, scribes, center punches, templates, precision measuring instruments, voltmeters, ohmmeters and other like tools, cranes, hoists, work platforms, tooling jigs and fixtures.
- Must have High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to pass a Background check and Urinalysis.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights. ?