Aircraft Inspector / Quality Inspector
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Quality Inspector with corporate jet experience for an opportunity in Shreveport, Louisiana.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Aircraft Inspector will oversee all assigned production work scopes to ensure all work accomplished is done in accordance with the Repair Station Manual and the Federal Aviation Regulations. This will be accomplished while working with Program Managers, Team Leaders and Quality Control Inspectors. Perform work order surveillance and create maintenance log entries for all maintenance and modifications to aircraft assigned. Complete all FAA approval and return to service paperwork as required to support production and our customers. Assist Engineering personnel in assuring alterations and repairs are accomplished in accordance with the Federal Aviation Regulations. Ensure quality control and release of aircraft meet the Repair Station Manual and FAA requirements. Job duties will vary each day.
Perform all work order surveillance to ensure the work order always represents the condition of the product or article.
- Using the work order, create maintenance log entries that meet all return to service requirements.
- Analyze data and documents to author FAA form 337’s for Major Repairs and Alterations.
- Analyze data and documents for the creation of Weight and Balance Reports.
- Coordinate work scopes with Program Managers, Team Leaders and Quality Control Inspectors daily.
- Gather and organize all pertinent documentation for the customer at time of delivery and work orders.
- Update and completion of FAA forms or records, including support of Engineering and Team Leaders to ensure return to service is accomplished expediently.
- Perform internal audits as required.
- Daily contact at assigned aircraft with Team Leader to ensure schedule and quality standards are met.
Qualifications and requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A&P License or Repairman Certificate required.
- Inspection Authorization (IA) rating recommended.
- A valid drivers license approved for airline travel and/or a valid passport is ideal, but not required
- Computer literacy in word processing and spreadsheets.
- Read electrical and structural prints recommended.
- 3 years turbine aircraft inspection experience with return to service authority required.
- Previous log research experience recommended.
- Customer service experience recommended.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights.