Manager of Technical Publications
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Manager of Technical Publications for an opportunity in Denver, NC
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for the development and issuance of Company publications, including manuals, forms and avionics downloads.
- Performs technical writing duties; assists in the standardization of manual formats and written content.
- Assists with the development and/or revisions to Company forms; responsible for making Company forms into PDF fillable documents with instructions when requested.
- Responsible for tracking Company publications status, to include manual changes submitted to the FAA for approval or acceptance.
- Promotes safety throughout the organization as mandated through Company policies identified by executive management.
- Comply with duties and responsibilities as outlined in the SMM included task analysis, risk analysis, risk assessments and risk control mitigation.
- Demonstrates on a daily basis a commitment to the continuous improvement of safety throughout the organization.
- Manages the Master Technical Library for the Company.
- Serves as a member of the Safety Review Board, CASS Review Board and Reliability Group.
- Responsible to make changes and issue revisions to all Company manuals; reviews new processes and standards for controls, process measures and interface management.
- Maintains the content, currency and distribution of electronic manuals, forms and other materials on the Company SharePoint website.
- Receives, tracks and coordinates with manual administrators as it relates to the Document Change Request (DCR) process; coordinates revisions with the authorized process owners and manual administrators to ensure accuracy and consistency of information across the manual set.
- Maintains master copies of Company approved and accepted manuals assigned to Technical Publications in electronic and hard copy format; ensures the currency and integrity of the electronic master files are maintained.
- Responsible for maintaining current paper and digital copies of the MAC 121/135 Operations Specifications.
- Responsible to ensure that a current copy of the FedEx Ramp Operations Manual is available when requested.
- Assures that all requested publications are sent in a timely manner and meet required criteria for continued airworthiness.
- Provide current manuals, publications materials and revisions for manuals assigned to employees and providers who require them for their job performance, including the CMT.
- Responsible for maintaining master list of publications physically issued to the aircraft; replaces worn or missing aircraft publications when requested, including C.G. Calculators.
- Maintains the online subscription for Garmin databases; downloads and issues the monthly updates to the databases on the aircraft.
- Maintains the T2CAS Terrain databases; downloads and issues the monthly updates to the databases on the ATR aircraft.
- Issue updates to STC index and aircraft flight manual supplements for applicable modifications on Cessna aircraft.
- Provides online access to OEM manual portals (including ATR DOC, Cessna, PWC, etc.) to new employees as requested by Maintenance Training or management.
- Responsible for conducting self-audits of OEM manuals to ensure current technical data is available.
- Serves as the main point of contact for publications issues and controls the revision process for all MAC departments.
- Primary person responsible for the timely updates of the ForeFlight Dropbox folder.
- Coordinates with Training Managers to ensure adequate inventories of the appropriate manuals (ex. IATA DG books) are available to support training.
- Codes and approves invoices for avionics and publications subscriptions, up to $1500.
Qualifications and requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field; or
- Three (3) years of aviation related experience.
- Must have knowledge and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge and experience with Adobe Acrobat and FrameMaker strongly preferred
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights. ?