CNC Machinist III
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a CNC Machinist with aerospace experience for an opportunity in Tucson, Arizona.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Knowledgeable of safety standards for equipment and demonstrate safe behaviors at all times
- Maintains a clean and safe work area at all times
- Complete required equipment maintenance checks
- Knowledgeable of and adheres to company quality standards
- Performs operations per specifications on drawing/print and documented procedures
- Must work well with others in a team environment
- Monitor operations and quickly troubleshoot non-conformances as they occur
- Produce and inspect parts at rate
- Deburr parts using machines such as milling, drilling, grinding and other machines as needed
- Identify parts clearly and accurately using vibropeen, electo chemical etching, cnc engraver, dotpeen, or equivalent
- Hone parts utilizing vertical and horizontal honing machine
- Machine parts on CNC Mill’s and Lathe’s
- Perform SPC
- Perform and record first piece inspection and fill out in-process inspection sheets
- Assist others with machining problems.
- Provide continuous improvement ideas/solutions. Participates in evaluation and implementation of improvement if appropriate.
- Train others as directed
- Provide direction and assist others with machining practices and issues
- Set up proven and unproven jobs on CNC equipment, make approved adjustments, edit programs, set tooling requirements to turnover jobs to level I & II machinists if required
Qualifications and requirements:
- 1st shift opportunity.
Minimum of 5 years machining experience
Experience running and setting up CNC Lathe and CNC Mill
High School diploma or GED required
Must be able to read and write English
Application of machine shop theory and procedures, shop mathematics
Experience in reading, interpreting technical drawings, routers, work instructions and specifications. Able to create plan on how to machine based on information.
Advanced measurement skills for inspection, including GD&T, use of CMM, and optical comparator
Knowledge of cutting tool capabilities (speeds/feeds, types, insert grades, etc based on material and size)
Must be proficient in G & M codes, creating and editing CNC programs on lathes and mills, and setting up complex parts
Strong communication, critical thinking, and multi-tasking abilities
Train Level I and II machinists as directed
Monitor operations and quickly react and troubleshoot non-conforming operations as they occur
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to bend, squat, sit, stand, walk, and handle objects. The employee is occasionally required to push/pull, and reach above shoulder level. The employee must be able to carry/lift up to 40 pounds and be able to rotate item being handled
Work on feet for entire shift
Manual dexterity and the ability to carry out complex, repetitive tasks quickly and methodically
Must be a U.S. Citizen
Proficient in MS Office (Excel and Word)
Working knowledge of CNC machine code and ability to change off sets
Must be able to set up proven jobs in established time
Must hold a Designated Quality Inspection (DQI) authority or have the prerequisite skills (drawing comprehension, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing, and inspection methodology) to become qualified within 6 months of hire.
Experience designing and creating tooling based on part geometry
Experience with spherical surfaces and threads and able to make machine adjustments to ensure parts meet specification
Some conventional machining experience
College Course work preferred
Master Cam preferred
Preferred ability to set up and operate conventional, special purpose, and numerical control (NC) machines and machining centers to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts
Experience machining titanium and thin walled aluminum parts
- Must have the minimum tools as required.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights. ?