LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Quality Inspector for an opportunity in Lincolnshire, Illinois.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Quality Inspector is responsible for developing and following Quality processes, including assembly, test procedures, and inspection plans. Troubleshoot metrology and process issues to minimize down time, drive continuous improvement, and recommend solutions. Basic inspection and hand tool/gauge knowledge is required.
- Maintain and review data against specification
- Format data to be presentable
- Develop and maintain area metrics
- Perform inspection as needed (components, valves, blocks, manifolds)
- Communicate quality concerns with urgency
- Perform actions to release or containment of product based on conformance
- Assist the Quality Engineers with improvements to quality methods and procedures
- Support approved measurement requests
- Perform routine calibration, maintenance, and gauge studies
- Troubleshoot metrology and process issues to minimize down time, drive continuous improvement, and recommend solutions
- Support root cause analysis
Qualifications and requirements:
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and PDF reader (Word, Excel, Adobe/Firefox, Outlook, etc.)
- Strong technical background required
- Detail orientated and organized
- Ability to read blueprints, technical data sheets, and schematics
- Ability to use, calibrate, and test functionality of basic inspection gauges (caliper, pin gauge, height gauge, etc.)
- Work well independently and in team settings
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills both written and oral
- Ability to follow Quality Engineers direction while displaying cooperative and positive behavior with co-workers
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Must have reliable transportation to and from job site.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment urinalysis and background check.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. International Traffic in Arms Regulation/Export Administration Regulations (ITAR/EAR) clearance is required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.