Sheet Metal Technician
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Sheet Metal Technician for an opportunity in Atlanta, GA.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Sheet Metal Technician will perform a variety of assigned tasks involved in the production or repair of precision aircraft parts using both manual and automated equipment and accurate measurement tools.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Must have experience sheet metal fabrication and assembly with aviation structures.
- Must have shop experience.
- Must know how to utilize sheet metal tools and types of fasteners such as rivets, nut plants and cherry max.
- Must have knowledge using sheet metal tools, breaks and shears.
- Knowledge of the properties of metal and other materials.
- Must be proficient in reading and interpret engineering drawings, schematics, engineering orders, test plans, technical manuals and work instructions.
- Knowledge of mathematics.
- Must be able to read and comprehend the client and OEM process and material specifications.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests (cross training), exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Comply with lean manufacturing principals and work with leads and supervisors to explore and implement best practices in the manufacturing process
- Possesses high level of respect for safety precautions.
- Must have proven experience as Sheet Metal Technician with formal training.
- Knowledge of properties of metal and other material.
- Proficient in reading and interpreting engineering drawings, schematics, engineering orders, and technical manuals. Able to read company and manufacturer's process and material specifications.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH provides you with a real benefits package, including access to company-sponsored medical/dental insurance and a 401k program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights. ?