LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking an Structures Mechanic with commercial C&D check experience on Commercial aircraft for an opportunity in Nashville, Tennessee.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Sheet Metal / Structures Mechanic examines, repairs, assembles, and tests aircraft accessories, such as engines, power brake units, auxiliary electric motors, spark igniters, valves, pumps, fuselage, wings, and oil and fuel tanks, using hand tools and testing devices, and following shop orders and manufacturer's specifications.
- Performs routine inspections or special maintenance to prevent failures of aircraft mechanical systems and components; performs complete operations checks on hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems, plumbing, precision assemblies, rigging and controls, etc.
- Determines when a component should be repaired or replaced; decides upon necessary repair scheme, quantity and type of parts needed to accomplish proper repair; secures necessary parts from Stores or departmental supplies.
- Repairs, reworks, and modifies worn or defective assemblies, making alterations or changes to units when necessary.
- Follows approved maintenance procedures for subject component or system, consulting internal procedures that have been FAA approved, original equipment manufacturers (OEM's) technical data, and work package instructions.
- Consults the Maintenance Lead if technical assistance is needed during the repair process.
- Inspects completed work before signing off to identify any needed rework; performs rework; ensures that repaired components meet prescribed standards and tolerances.
- Performs serviceability tests on repaired components/systems using test equipment specified by the original equipment manufacturer.
- Completes work package documentation by signing/stamping after finishing all designated operations.
- Submits completed/in-progress work to Maintenance Lead for review; submits to Quality Assurance for final/in-progress inspection and re-certification of airworthiness.
- Provides supervisor with performance statistics and other operational data, as requested.
- Properly accounts for time and materials used in all inspection and maintenance activities.
- Comply with repair station procedures (RSM /QCM) and company policies (SOP) when performing aircraft or component maintenance.
Qualifications and requirements:
- High School/ GED
- 5+ years of aircraft repair experience. Regional jet repair experience highly preferred.
- Proficiency with interpretation of original equipment manufacturer’s technical data or work package instructions; experience using power or pneumatic hand tools.
- Assignments require Standard Knowledge of a Technical Area.
- Rapid learning and application of new information and concepts within the Technical Area begins to take place at this level.
- Performs moderately complex Technical Assignments.
- Assists Advanced Level Technicians on more complex technical assignments
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their uses, repairs, and maintenance
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service.
- Skilled with repairing, troubleshooting, installing and equipment maintenance.
- Knowledge of FAA requirements for aircraft maintenance procedures
- Ability to interpret and comprehend manufacturer and FAA approved work package instructions; ability to inspect and install parts/components.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights. ?