Airframe Structures Mechanic
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Bench Structures Mechanics for an opportunity in Little Rock, Arkansas.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Build aircraft parts, sub-assemblies and assemblies using blueprints, CATIA models, company standards, and/or work instructions.
- Performs calculations for angles, circumference, diameter, and bend allowances, using shop math to fabricate and/or install complete or major assemblies and sub-assemblies.
- Modifies completed sheet metal assemblies and sub-assemblies.
- Performs check of fabricated items and/or checkout of systems installed.
- Utilizes aircraft tooling to perform precision sheet metal operations and installations.
- Sets up and operates standard shop equipment (rivet gun, C squeeze, A squeeze, Drill Press, PR sealant mixer and gun)
- Works in a safe manner in accordance with OSHA and Company Safety procedures.
- Cleans work area and aircraft to eliminate and control FOD (Foreign Object Debris).
- Makes proper entries in Production and Planning Logs and documents all work in computerized system.
- Completes assigned jobs in prescribed time.
- Install interior shell panels and completes various interior operations.
Qualifications and requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in airframe structural repair.
- Able to work from blueprints, sketches or diagrams.
- Able to set up and operate all standard shop equipment.
- Able to perform all physical requirements of the job which is walking long distances, climbing up and down stairs into aircraft, and lifting 50 lbs.
- Must not be allergic to resins, aluminum dust, glues, epoxy, adhesives, or fiberglass.
- Able to stand approximately 8 hours per day.
- Able to work well with other team members.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH provides you with a real benefits package, including access to company-sponsored medical/dental insurance and a 401k program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights. ?