LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking an Electrical Installer for an opportunity in Waco, TX.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Electrical Installer performs a wide variety of moderately complex electrical and avionics removal, layout, fabrication, installation, repair and modification on aircraft and electrical support systems to support the AT-802 Armed Overwatch program. Interprets and follows engineering drawings, and checks work correctness. Checks, tests and troubleshoots systems for conformance to specifications. Sets highest ethical standards for self and others. Other duties as assigned.
Major functions: You will demonstrate success by:
- The Electrical Installer will perform complex aircraft electrical installations on USAF Aircraft, primarily Wiring Runs and Terminations; perform removal and installation per engineering drawings, RO Specs, blueprints or supervisor instructions. Requires the ability to read, interpret and work from engineering drawings, blueprints TO Specs and engineering specifications.
- Must be able to climb ladders, stairs and portable stands and navigate these without assistance.
• Must be able to work at heights 70 feet above the ground.
• Must be able to work in extreme heat/cold.
• Must be able to work in the following environmental conditions: noise, vibration, proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, chemicals, odors, dust.
• Must be able to bend, reach, stoop, balance, push, pull, kneel, grasp, crouch, crawl, work in narrow aisles/passageways, and work in close spaces that restrict movement including aircraft fuel tanks for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to stand for sustained periods of time. Must be able to work primarily with fingers such as picking, pinching, typing.
• Must have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
• Must be able to pass color vision exam.
• Must be capable of routinely performing industry standard ambidextriosities required to complete tasks. Must be able to lift/maneuver up to 50 pounds.
Must be able to work in hot/cold/inclement weather. Must be able to work at heights and from scaffolding and ladders. Must have no restriction on lifting, bending, stooping, reaching, kneeling or working in confining or awkward spaces for extended periods of time. Must be able to work any shift required. MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN A SECURITY CLEARANCE IF NEEDED.
• High school diploma/GED plus a minimum of 4 years aircraft electrical experience OR Aircraft Related Associate degree / A&P license plus a minimum of 2 years aircraft electrical experience.
• Must have own tools. If hired, tools must be shadowed - list can be found under Announcements section of Work Nexus under Waco division requirements
• Must be able to obtain a security clearance OR Must be eligible to access ITAR controlled items and/or articles.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights.