LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking an HR Generalist for a direct hire opportunity in Santa Maria, California.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for performing a variety of human resource duties, such as effectively recording, maintaining, and reporting human resource information and for establishing and maintaining effective communication, coordination, and working relations with Company personnel and management. This job reports to the site Human Resources Manager.
- Partners with employees and management to communicate various human resource policies, procedures, laws, standards, and government regulations.
- Investigate and resolve day-to-day employee relation issues. Documents initial complaint, determines scope of investigation, recommends course of action, documents findings and summarizes the investigation.
- Represents the company for any unemployment claims.
- Interviews, screens, and recruits job applicants to fill entry-level, professional, and technical job openings.
- Reviews applications and interviews applicants to match experience with specific job-related requirements.
- Manages benefit inquiries and complaints to ensure quick, equitable, courteous resolution.
- Manage and conduct new employee orientations.
- Performs exit interviews and processes all termination paperwork including Cal-COBRA/COBRA documents while adhering to all state and federal laws.
- Conducts exit interviews, analyzes data, and makes recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Develops and maintains various reports and documents to provide current personnel information.
- Assists with the maintenance of the human resource database while ensuring that system records are accurately recorded and cross-checked.
- Organizes annual reviews between employees and managers. Organizes files, provides forms, timelines, and reminders to direct employees and managers through the review process.
- Manages workers’ compensation injury reporting/claim administration.
- Administer, track, and coordinate all FMLA and/or leaves of absences and coordinate with payroll.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Records data for each employee, including such information as addresses, supervisory reports on performance, and dates of and reasons for terminations.
- Examines employee files to answer inquiries and provide information for personnel actions.
- Ensures that human resource files and records are maintained in accordance with legal requirements and Company policies and procedures.
- Completes miscellaneous research, reports, and conveys information as requested and needed.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Performs other related duties required and assigned.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Must be fluent in Spanish.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or a related field required.
- Knowledge of both California and Federal Labor Laws Labor Laws
- Knowledge of HR concepts, best practices, and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and management skills with the ability to direct, motivate, and give constructive feedback
- Must be highly organized with ability to track multiple projects
- Advanced level skills with Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
- HR certification (PHR or SPHR, Certified or Senior Certified Professional)
- 5+ years HR experience overall (with 3+ as an HR Generalist)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights. ?