Aerospace Interior Assembly Technician
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Aerospace Interior Assembly Technicians with aerospace assembly experience for an opportunity in Charleston, South Carolina.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/ Experience):
• Ability to work a variable shift (1st, 2nd, or 3rd)
• 7+ years of aerospace, fabrication, or manufacturing experience working with decorative finishes.
• Experience specialized in design and/or analysis of aircraft interior modifications
• Required technical skills include file, sand, paint, decorative laminate ("declam"), and cosmetic rework (ex. paint color match, surface texture match, etc.)
• 7+ years of experience utilizing and following detailed work instructions, reading and interpreting blueprints, drawings, or specifications, in English.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
• 7+ years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 7+ years aerospace experience in cabin systems interiors (ex. galleys, lavatories, stowage, first and business class seats, interior liners, etc.)
Performs machine set-up, machining, welding set-up, welding, sheet metal fabrication and extrusion, tube bending and fabrication tasks. Performs composite lay-up, fabrication and assembly tasks. Assembles precision mechanical and electro-mechanical components. Assembles, repairs, modifies and installs various power plants and drive trains. Perform soldering on electronic and avionics products. Assembles and installs wire harnesses and avionics products. Prepares test articles, fixtures and data collection devices to perform various tests. Performs organic chemical conversion and paint preparation. Applies organic coatings for corrosion protection and appearance requirements. Works on complex components and systems using established drawings and requirements.
• Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and instructions to select correct parts, materials, tools, assemblies, standards, and hardware used to install, fit, fasten, align, adjust and perform the necessary per-installation and installation of interiors.
• Understanding of proper cleaning methods, surface preparation, cleaning, and masking for rework.
• Majority of responsibility is for non-baseline work requiring interpretation of established processes and instructions to troubleshoot and develop solutions to complex non-standard work.
• Work independently with limited direction from lead and manager.
• Report and work to resolve job constraints including but not limited to errors caused by workmanship, defects in parts, materials, assembly procedures, tools, sequences, etc., in accordance with Boeing procedures.
• Exhibit exemplary housekeeping and Foreign Object Debris (FOD) standards. Maintain clean, neat, organized and FOD free work area.
• Possess understanding and knowledge of basic computer systems and programs.
• Employment in this position also requires rotation of head/neck, bending and twisting at the waist, walking, standing, kneeling, crouching, climbing/balancing, flexion/extension, lifting and carrying less than 10 pounds, contact with liquid coatings, plastics, sealants and solvents, exposure to noise, and the use of personal safety gear for face, eyes, hand/arm, and ears. There will also be an eye examination for color perception and requirement to work in elevated and/or confined spaces in indoor temperature controlled environments as well as outdoor open environments. The color matching eye exam will occur onsite.
• Employees in this position will perform decorative interior repair in the aircraft cabin on assemblies made from various types of material including fiberglass, plastic and composites using various methods, including but not limited to painting and sweep and fill. This job is performed at various stages of the aircraft assembly process, in factory and/or flight line locations.
• Ability to correspond with internal teams and external suppliers and customers with dignity, respect and integrity while exhibiting the Boeing Values at all times.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH provides you with a real benefits package, including access to company-sponsored medical/dental insurance and a 401k program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights. ?