Flight Test Engineer
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Senior Flight Test Engineer for an opportunity in Moses Lake, WA.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Support Flight Testing Activities, including but not limited to:
- Support engineering with test plan creation.
- Discuss, write and review test cards and test hazard analysis
- Support and/or lead test preparation activities, test execution, post-test activities
- Support and/or lead pre and post flight briefings.
- Monitor live flight data, either via telemetry or onboard flight test aircraft
- Process, analyze, and draw conclusions from post flight data.
- Make assessments to ensure safety of flight determination.
- Document flight test design problems for long term fix.
- Generate and review appropriate restrictions/ limitations documentation.
- Update monitoring screens for specific testing and/or restriction monitoring.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with 10-15 years of aviation related industry experience, or
- 10-15 years in an aviation engineering organization; Aerospace or Aircraft Systems Engineering
- Ability to create and review certification flight/ground test specifications and certification flight/ground test reports
- Ability to produce a large volume of technical documents in a timely and accurate manner with attention to detail
- Experience in working within a Japanese speaking environment is preferable
- Willingness to travel frequently to flight/ground test sites in USA is essential
- Ability to work effectively with other engineers across divisions and departments in the process of developing and creating test plans and certification documents
- Must possess ability to develop, plan and implement short and long-term goals
- Ability to adapt successfully to changing situations and environments
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Must perform other related duties as required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.