LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Fleet Support Coordinator with experience performing scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on Regional Jet Aircraft in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Fleet Support Coordinator will provide direct oversight to the RMAG (Recurrent Maintenance Action Group) process and also assist the Maintenance Department in troubleshooting and documenting aircraft with recurring (chronic) maintenance issues. This is accomplished by monitoring incoming maintenance discrepancies, analyzing aircraft data downloads, using the EMBRAER AHEAD program, reliability data, and other resources within Compass Airlines.
- Valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant license
- Valid Driver’s license
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Five year’s FAR 121 air carrier aircraft maintenance background with experience in a supervisory role as a Maintenance
- Supervisor or experience in a Maintenance Control environment.
- EMBRAER 170/175, experiences is highly desired.
- Must be PC literate with strong skills in Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and must be fluent in the English language.
- Valid passport is highly desirable.
- Basic mathematical competency
- A bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Quality, Science, Math or aviation related discipline.
- Experience working in a Maintenance Control Department.
- Experience working in or with a Reliability Department.
- Ability to lift, carry and move medium to heavy objects up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity.
- There are prolonged periods during which individuals will be sitting and working in an office environment.
- Must be able to climb, bend, kneel, crawl and stoop frequently in confined spaces.
Job Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Have a background in regional or mainline aircraft maintenance.
- Formal and informal aircraft systems training
- Maintenance of aircraft and engine systems
- Troubleshooting of all aircraft systems
- Use of troubleshooting aids, such as Embraer AHEAD, FHDB analysis, etc.
- Dispatch requirements
- Use of specialized tools
- Ground support equipment
- Technical reports and forms
- Online Aircraft Maintenance Manuals, and Parts Catalogs
- Aircraft logbook procedures and computer based aircraft maintenance tracking systems.
- Reliability report interpretation.
- Maintenance Control.
- Demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills. Must have the ability to work independently while still keeping a team perspective.
- Must be detail orientated with ability to multi-task on a regular basis.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to show a demonstrated ability to trouble shoot problems with aircraft with little guidance.
- Must have well-developed people skills and ability to work with a variety of personalities. Must exhibit patience while at the same time is assertive and controls the maintenance operation in a professional manner.
- Must be flexible with respect to work schedule and willing to assist and support others within the company when needed.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate with associated departments.
- Provide direct oversight to the RMAG (Recurrent Maintenance Action Group) program.
- 25% of weekly duties to be assigned by the Fleet Manager including but not limited to, ATA reliability index item root cause determination and corrective action plan development, reliability index item component tear down review and corrective action plan development, and other duties to be assigned to support fleet reliability.
- Ensure updates are provided to the Maintenance Department as to status of work being performed on aircraft with recurring, pending, grounding issues.
- Ensure coordination with Maintenance Control on the movement of staffing, parts, and tooling required for task accomplishment under this program.
- Interface with OEM providers on fleet issues and initiatives, reliability enhancements and processes, ongoing coordination for increased reliability.
- Present a complete turnover of RMAG status on a daily basis.
- Point of contact for issues regarding RMAG Process.
- Coordinate and present a weekly RMAG meeting.
- Develop strategies for irregular maintenance operations recovery.
- Coordinate contract vendor activity, as required.
- Maintain an orderly and organized office area.
- Commit to and attend training events both on and off the assigned work site and the Minneapolis Corporate site to continue to develop your professional skills.
- Hours are varying shifts and weekends as needed.
Work is performed in an office environment.
Travel required, less than 10%.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights. ?