Diesel Bus Technician
Pay: $29 per hour, depending on experience
Shift: M-F 8:30-5:30PM M-F
Diesel Bus Technician Duties & Responsibilities:
- Diagnoses malfunctions and performs vehicle repairs (e.g. adjust/test steering, electrical, cooling, lubricating, braking systems, drive trains, suspensions, power steering units, clutches, transmissions and oil, temperature, gas regulating components, adjust/test/rebuild engines etc.)
- Test-drives vehicles to ensure repair resolved the problem.
- Arranges for and obtains appropriate inspections and approval of all major repairs before vehicle is released from maintenance facility.
- Maintains a safe, clean, productive and efficient work area including ensuring work area is in compliance with all relevant Federal, State/Provincial and local guidelines and requirements.
- Identifies and reports any additional maintenance and/or repairs found necessary in conducting assigned repairs and maintenance including repairs and maintenance required to be performed by Technicians with a higher qualification level.
- Records time spent, parts used and repairs and/or maintenance conducted on appropriate form.
- Performs road calls and on the road repairs as assigned. Advises Lead Technician of unsafe maintenance conditions or practices and/or vehicle abuse.
- Any other duties assgined to support operations.
Diesel Bus Technician Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of 2-4 years Med/Hvy truck Fleet mechanic repair experience.
- Diagnostic, Electrical, and AC skills are a must.
- Technical knowledge of major vehicle systems and diesel equipment is required.
- Have previous fleet experience and are familiar with diesel and gasoline systems.
- Valid applicable state license (CDL preferred).
- ASE Certification desirable but not required.
- Must have own set of tools.
- Must have steel toe boots.
- Must pass DOT pre-employment physical, drug screen and background check.