LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Stress Engineer for an opportunity in Colorado Springs, CO.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform and/or check structural analysis and simulation using conventional classical stress analysis methods
- Perform and/or check structural analysis and simulation using finite element analysis
- Experience with non-linear analysis is preferred but not required
- Derive component applied loads and aircraft interface loads
- Work to pre-establish design parameters and requirements to assess the structural integrity of metallic (and occasionally non-metallic) aerospace component parts
- Develop and document structural tests to assess the structural integrity of component parts and to validate that all requirements are met
- Document results of the stress/loads analysis in a formal report, pursuant to obtaining FAA certification
- Create and/or check informal strength check notes
- Lead the development of analytical tools and procedures, with the goal of improving the effectiveness, quality and efficiency of the design/development process
- Evaluate and disposition manufacturing and/or in-service issues (sustaining engineering)
- Lead efforts to interface with other functional groups such as Design, Systems, Test, and Liaison et al as required
- Facilitate integration between stress and interfacing functional groups
- Lead resolution of general technical issues related to stress analysis and simulation
- Serve in a technical lead capacity to establish robust planning inputs to large project schedule development and support performance to plan
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Adaptability - Adjusts to business changes and priority shifts
- Analytical Thinking & Problem Solving - Identifies root causes, secures relevant information and identifies solutions
- Communication - Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Teamwork - Facilitates inclusion, works well with others, and leverages diversity for success
- BA/BS degree in Mechanical, Aeronautical/Aerospace or Civil Engineerinw/7+ years’ experience or MA/MS degree w/5+ years’ experience.
- Major airframe, aircraft on-board cargo systems, aircraft seats (fixed and ejection), aircraft evacuation systems, aircraft cabin systems and aircraft interiors experience preferred.
- In depth understanding of structural FAA certification requirements for commercial aerospace products
- Have a strong understanding of strength of materials, excellent analytical skills and problem solving skills.
HyperMesh for FEA model creation experience
Unigraphics NX CAD experience
Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
Ability to multi-task and prioritize both daily issues and longer term projects
Experienced with MS Office suite of tools
Dynamic and quasi-static nonlinear analysis.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.