Diesel Maintenance Shop Supervisor
LAUNCH TransTechs is seeking a Diesel Maintenance Shop Supervisor in Ft. Myers, FL for work on a fleet of heavy-duty trucks.
Shift: 2nd Mon. - Fri., and Sat. once a month
Pay: $25-$27 per hour, depending on experience
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises team of employees who are responsible for the repair, installation and maintenance of machinery and heavy duty equipment, including but not limited to, Rear Load, Front Load, Roll Off, Grapple, Portable Restrooms, and Containers.
Recommends hiring actions, coach, counsel and evaluate performance, identify training opportunities, monitor and track employee attendance, complete disciplinary actions/meetings and apply Positive Leadership principles. Trains employees in proper work methods, equipment operation, and enforces safety rules and regulations.
- Develop and maintain constructive working relationships with the managers, drivers, helpers, mechanics and admin etc.
- Diagnoses mechanical problems and performance repairs and maintenance on Waste Pro equipment to maximize safe and productive operations. Reviews and completes repairs identified on DVIR and/or repair orders. Road test vehicles to diagnose problems and confirm completed repairs.
- Prepares and reviews all repair orders to ensure that labor, materials, and parts are properly charged and work is completed according to established guidelines. Maintains logs of repairs performed on each vehicle.
Identify equipment and parts needs and procures parts, within assigned spending limits, necessary to complete repairs. Refers larger purchases or major repairs to Maintenance Manager as appropriate.
- Participates in the safety lane process, reviews DVIR's, determines repair priorities, assigns and reviews work of several mechanics.
- Inspects trucks and tools and monitors maintenance activities, verifying the quality of work performed to ensure safety and productivity procedures are followed.
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED.
- 3 + years of diesel mechanic experience in the waste industry.
- Must have hydraulic experience.
- Must have a valid Driver's License.
- CDL license preferred, or ability to obtain.
- Must have own steel toe boots.
- Must have own set of tools.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.