Entry-Level Bus Mechanic
LAUNCH TransTechs is seeking a School Bus Technician to perform preventative and routine maintenance; as well as, assist with frequent DOT inspections regularly conducted on site.
Pay: Up to $14-$17 per hour, depending on experience
Shift: Tues - Sat , 10AM-7PM
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs assigned vehicle and facility maintenance related duties as assigned.
- Arranges for and obtains appropriate inspections and approval of all repairs before vehicle is released from maintenance facility.
- Performs road calls and on the road repairs as assigned.
- Test-drives vehicles to ensure problem resolution.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable Federal, State/Provincial and local regulations, requirements, standards and specifications and company policies.
- Maintains work, time and material and equipment maintenance logs and records for self.
- Prepares, completes and submits paperwork on time and correctly on vehicle maintenance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Equivalent of high school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 2+ years Med/Hvy truck Fleet mechanic repair experience.
- Diagnostic, Electrical, and AC skills are a must.
- Valid driver's license (CDL preferred).
- Must have own steel toe boots.
- Must have own tools.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.