1st Shift CNC Machinist
A large client of ours in Elk Grove Village is looking for a 1st shift CNC Machinist for their Elk Grove Village Plant. These will be working from 7:30AM to 4:00PM, Monday through Friday with the possibility for OT after shift's and occasional Saturdays. They will be making $22 - $32 p/hour and working on a 6 month contract to direct basis. A few must haves/responsibilities are:
Basic Purpose and Objective of the Position
This position has overall responsibility for milling parts of various alloys to the requirements defined by specifications, work instructions and direction of supervisors. An employee in this position will perform tasks directly related to the machining of both production and prototype parts made of various steels, alloys, engineering plastics, and magnetic materials.
Major Responsibilities – reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Employees will set up and operate up to 5 axis CNC mill(s) and other related equipment holding extremely tight tolerances (+/- 2 microns) to customer drawing and quality specifications and clients methods. Work is done in a low volume high mix environment.
- Conduct 1st piece inspection and provide supporting quality documentation and notes for alternate shift on current job. Use various hand tools, precision measuring equipment and associated gages and tooling.
- Conduct preventative maintenance, 5S and housekeeping duties.
- Assist with special projects and perform other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent is required. Journeyman’s certification in Machining or Tool and Die preferred.
- 5-7 years’ experience machining low volume, highly engineered product with zero or little scrap.
Successful Essential Skills
- Excellent problem solving skills: uses rigorous logic and methods to solve problems producing effective solutions to problem statements.
- Strong technical skills. Ability to set up and run a variety of machines while holding very tight tolerances with limited direction creating quality parts to spec on short run parts (first part, good part). Primary equipment: CNC 5 axis Mill(s).
- Strong machine shop math and complex blueprint reading skills, including GD&T.
- Knowledge and use of a wide variety of precision measuring equipment.
Successful Essential Behaviors
- Is action oriented and independent.
- Has a heightened sense of urgency and works at a quick pace (high energy).
- Uses creativity to make connections among unrelated notions and is seen as having original thought.
- Attention to detail: focus on accuracy, completeness and following standards, rules, regulations and requirements.
- Cooperative with others and usually helpful to the rest of the team in getting work done.
- Upholds values and beliefs of organization. Exhibits integrity as a person and in their work. Maintains appropriate confidentiality at work.
- Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously his/her work skills.
- Has a can do, will do attitude.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Works in a clean, air-conditioned and well-lit production environment- protective foot and eyewear required.
- 70% Standing on cement floors with rubber mats, 10% Sitting, 10% Stooping and Bending and 10% Walking
- Lift and transport an average weight 10 lbs., maximum 40 lbs.
- Manual dexterity of both hands.
- Near Visual Acuity (either corrected or uncorrected).
- Ability to understand verbal direction and instruction. Ability to give feedback to engineers and brainstorm with others on the prototype team. Must be able to read, understand and comply with all quality and safety regulations.