LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Press Operators to work 1st Shift for a client in Renton, WA.
Follows Job Traveler to build and cure panels and Match Metal Die contoured parts. Uses computers to setup and run cure programs for the Press per specifications. Layup panels using pre-preg fabric and honeycomb core.
- Follow standard work instructions to load composite parts into the press using specified locations and fairing bars for proper thickness.
- Layup composite panels using pre-preg fabric, honeycomb core and potting.
- Install and monitors thermo-couple wires via computer program and manual recording according to composite parts and specs
- Use utility knife safely to cut pre-preg fabric and honeycomb core to be laid up.
- Review recipe configuration to ensure all of the specifications being cured are noted - may require curing multiple specifications
- Start and monitor the cure cycle
- Marks identification numbers on pressed blanks as needed
- Submit job configuration file to department lead or supervisor to ensure parts, serial numbers and/ or thermocouple information is filled out properly
- Note any tolerance conditions onto parts and send to Material Review Board for disposition
Duties are not limited to the above, additional duties may be required and or requested by supervisor or lead.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are a representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Basic understanding of Oven, Press and/or Broiler operations
- Ability to refer to and understand manuals, read blueprints, and to calculate tolerance and panel thickness
- Must be able to read planning
- Must be able to work with fiberglass, metal and wood
- Ability to tolerate and work in excessive heat while maintaining safe work habits
- Ability to learn specification for cure processes and pass test for cure operators
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to precarious places and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate requiring hearing protection in certain areas. PPE is provided by AIM based on the employee’s position and exposure.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights.