Launch is seeking a techincal writer for an opportunity in Tampa, FL
Write supplemental Instructions for Continued Airworthiness (ICA) [aircraft maintenance manuals, illustrated parts catalogs, crew operating manuals, etc.] in support of receiving a supplemental type certificate (STC) for a modified aircraft. Interpret mechanical system and electrical engineering drawings as well as substantiation and test reports in order to write the supplemental ICA.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Strong ability to read and understand engineering drawings is key.
- Review all systems and technical drawings to create procedural manuals for each component, system, interior configuration, etc., which are customized specifically for each aircraft.
- Translate technical information into clear, readable documents to be used by technical personnel.
- Organize material and complete writing assignments according to set standards.
- Coordinate with the Production Department to access the aircraft in order to validate the written procedural steps prior to aircraft close-up.
- Guide and task an Illustrator to select and/or develop photographs, drawings, diagrams, and charts to illustrate material for incorporation in the manuals.
- Take digital photographs for reference and incorporation into projects as required.
- Quality check the documents to ensure that all requirements are met prior to submitting documents to external review and final delivery.
- Maintain configuration control of the electronic files, as well as hard copy historical files as required.
- Develop and update corporate documentation and forms as required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSES, ETC:
- BA Degree in Technical/Professional Writing with engineering experience is preferred
- BS Degree in Industrial Technologies, Aeronautics, or Engineering with equivalent technical writing experience may also be suitable
- 3+ years’ experience as an aviation Technical Writer
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of Adobe FrameMaker
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent procedural technical writing skills with thorough knowledge of English grammar and punctuation
- Ability to assimilate technical concepts quickly and to produce accurate procedural instructions
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, yet seek guidance when necessary
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and adjust to changing priorities
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
LAUNCH is the most innovative, technologically advanced and customer-driven labor partner for your technical workforce needs. LAUNCH delivers highly trained aviation technicians and engineers quickly and efficiently to companies across a broad range of industries. We provide our clients with creative workforce solutions to meet their unique needs while connecting our employees with challenging aviation and engineering jobs that match their skills.
A team of aviation and engineering staffing experts formed LAUNCH to revolutionize the industry by becoming a new breed of workforce partner. We've sat down with the leaders of several companies who use staffing to augment their technical workforces. They've shared their ideas about how their current staffing vendors are falling short and we've built our company to deliver on these needs as a true partner.
As a modern company with extensive experience and technology at its core, we can quickly respond to our client's fluctuations in demand. Our business model allows us to be nimble, flexible, and creative in the solutions we plan for each client, and focus on client and contractor loyalty above all else.
Whether you are ready to LAUNCH your career or your workforce, you’ve found a partner you can trust to take you to new heights.