Maintenance Technician 1 (9764741)
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Maintenance Technician for an opportunity in Elk Grove Village, IL.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Under general supervision and following established processes and procedures, provides planning, reporting and analysis of maintenance operations that airline contracted services (programs). Coordinate maintenance with PTS service locations and airline maintenance operations centers to recommending resources and actions to clear open defects in the shortest possible time.
Areas of responsibility includes global maintenance planning, inventory management, trending, analysis, presentation preparation and issues management.
- Create and analyze data to provide various reports for internal/external customer management review, including Daily Operations Report listing open deferrals and aircraft with severe IFE degradation.
- Utilize databases for tracking and problem resolution. Ensure all discrepancies are addressed and rectified in a timely manner.
- Utilize airline approved technical manuals including Aircraft Maintenance Manuals (AMM), Aircraft Illustrated Parts Catalogs (AIPC), and the Software Configuration Index (SCI).
- Maintain general technical knowledge of all products and installations as defined in the assigned service agreement(s).
- Escalate technical issues to designated resources for review and advisories that shall assist with real-time troubleshooting of all IFE system configurations via in-flight or ground based calls.
- Respond to airline and internal technical questions, utilizing available technical resources to develop sustainable solutions to resolve discrepancies expeditiously, while continuing to maintain favorable customer relations through clear written, verbal communications and reporting tools.
- Support in-service operations by coordinating throughout the program with functional departments; Logistics, Quality Assurance, Marketing, Program Management, Product Support Engineering, and Customer Support Engineering.
- Keep management informed of all IFE maintenance issues that may impact customers’ service.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel (including formulas), Project, Access and Outlook. Visio knowledge also preferred.
- Proficient using multiple databases.
- Ability to listen and professionally respond to customers’ reported challenges is greatly preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers both verbally and in writing, working towards a comprehensive IFE solution.
- Working technical knowledge of IFE or aircraft systems preferred, including schematics, diagrams, component and aircraft maintenance manuals, illustrated parts catalogs and other technical documents.
- Ability to work well in a high-stress, high-pressure environment.
- Familiarity with National Aviation authority regulations
- Ability to write maintenance advisories for IFE and GCS based systems
- Ability to work in a regulated environment
- Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline or a equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- 2 years of related experience in one or more of the following:
- project/program administrative experience
- Airline Planning/Operations Technical Support Center experience
- IT help desk experience
- IFE, cellular and satellite communication support experience
- May require travel (10%) to Maintenance Service line stations, Panasonic Avionics repair shops and/or customer locations for training and/or direct customer support.
- Required to work in an 7x24 Operations Center and may be required to work day, swing or night shift.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH provides you with a real benefits package, including access to company-sponsored medical/dental insurance and a 401k program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights. ?