LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking an Inventory Control Specialist for an opportunity in Ashburn, VA.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Our client is a rapidly growing division specializing in the innovative design, test and manufacture of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs). Our staff has led or supported the development and deployment of multiple advanced technology systems for a variety of key government customers. If you like the idea of hands-on experience building, testing and fielding UAVs that perform vital missions, then L-3 may be the company for you. We invite you to consider a position on our creative and highly motivated team in Ashburn, Virginia.
We are currently recruiting an Inventory Control Specialist to support ongoing manufacturing operations.
- Counts, sorts, or weighs incoming items and verifies quantities against purchase orders; processes receipts into computer-based company system of record
- Packages, labels and stocks material in bins, racks, or shelves, according to identifying part number
- Builds and issues kits, or individual parts in support of program and manufacturing material requirements
- Moves or transports material from stockroom to production areas
- Conducts periodic, special, or perpetual inventory of stock and company assets as required; adjusts inventory counts in property records as needed to maintain 100% accountability and accuracy
- Maintains 5S standards within stockroom and storage areas
- Identifies and corrects conditions that affect employee safety; upholding L3 Technologies and OSHA safety standards
- May be trained for cross-utilization in additional processes within Material Section as needed to support operations, i.e.; HAZMAT Certification; processing shipments in support of operations and testing events; conduct government-owned and company property accountability inspections, and other related functions as determined by supervisor
Required Functional/Technical Skills & Education:
- Ability to read, write and understand policies and procedures and computer generated reports
- Ability to complete applicable paperwork and computer data entries accurately
- Adherence to all health and safety standards set by L3 Technologies and regulatory agencies
- Ability to safely complete all physical activities required in a stockroom environment including, but not limited to:
- lifting, pushing, pulling and/or carrying 25-50 pounds on a regular basis
- walking, bending, kneeling, sitting, standing, climbing, and reaching for prolonged periods of time on a regular basis
- ability to reach, use hands to finger, handle, feel, seize, grasp, turn, hold, and operate material handling tools and equipment
- willingness and ability to work in a manufacturing environment with regular exposure to moving mechanical parts, dust, fumes, chemicals, and loud noises; reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case by case basis
- High school diploma
- 2+ years experience in inventory control/stockroom (receiving, storing and arranging, issuing and kitting of material) function related to the movement of inventory
- US citizenship is required. Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a US Government security clearance to the Top Secret level with SSBI.
- Experience with Costpoint and Ariba data systems
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights.