Senior Quality Engineer
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Senior Quality Engineer for an opportunity in Goleta, CA.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Senior Quality Engineer position provides quality assurance monitoring during system design, material procurement, parts and system fabrication, integration, testing and installation at customer's designated locations. The position requires a hands-on problem solver with the ability to work both as an independent auditor performing source inspection and surveys at vendor locations and within a team of self-motivated employees.
- Provide technical support of quality assurance, engineering, manufacturing, and test efforts
- Provide input to and participates in Configuration Control Board (CCB) and Material Review Board (MRB) activities
- Contribute to design and project reviews internally and with customers
- Assist with internal and external audits to ensure compliance with in-house processes/procedures and regulatory standards
- Coordinates and actively participate in outside inspection, analysis and other tests (i.e., hydrophone acoustic testing, component failure analysis, and factory/site acceptance testing (FAT/SAT)
- Provide training for receiving and in-process inspection personnel
- Generate Quality Program Plans and Quality Assurance Procedures
- Develop Pricing and Delivery Cost Estimates, Department ETCs and EACs
- Conduct other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Industrial or Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 5-10 years of experience in inspection/quality engineering in an aerospace or equivalent type of manufacturing environment.
- Sampling Procedures, and familiar with SPC, TQM Lean Six Sigma quality engineering methodologies
- Working knowledge of incoming and in-process inspection techniques; ability to read and understand engineering drawings; specifications; hands-on support for mechanical, electrical and optical inspections.
- Fluent use of PC based programs such as MS Office, MRP systems, AutoCAD and/or SolidWorks.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to convey information to inspection, engineering, management staff, suppliers, subcontractors, customers, and auditors.
- Strong background in ISO9001/AS9100D, Quality Management Systems
- Familiar with ANSI Z540 calibration requirements, ANSI Z1.
- Technical Capacity
- Communication Proficiency
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Decision Making
- Results Driven
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights.