1st Shift Electrical Design Engineer
1st Shift Electrical Design Engineer
We are currently looking to hire a full time electrical engineer for our manufacturing facility in Addison, IL. This is a direct opportunity with full benefits and 401K paying up to 95K to start.
Summary Conducts analytical studies on engineering proposals to develop design for products by performing the following duties. The electrical engineering is accountable for the integration of electrical assemblies and components into a product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Analyzes research data and proposed product specifications to determine feasibility of product proposal.
- Prepare and direct printed circuit board assembly layout, detailed drawings and electrical schematics.
- Analyze electrical components and assemblies to meet all customer and internal specification requirements for complex products.
- Perform electrical simulation analyses to validate component sizing and performance.
- Confers with research personnel to clarify or resolve problems and develops design.
- Directs and coordinates manufacturing or building of prototype product or system.
- Plans and develops experimental test programs.
- Analyzes test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
- Confers with research and other engineering personnel and prepares design modifications as required.
- Evaluates engineering test results for possible application to development of systems or other uses.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering and design tasks.
- Coordinate with operations to identify and qualify printed circuit board manufacturers.
- Perform necessary tasks and coordinates all necessary activities inside or outside the engineering department; in order to meet cost, performance and schedule requirements for the assigned projects.
- May require implementation of process improvements within the organization.
- Ability to disposition hardware with minor supervision.
- Create and maintain bill of materials up to final release into the document control system.
- Coordinate detail drawing modifications and coordinates the procurement of engineering hardware. Implements development and qualification test objectives, writes test procedures, and oversees the preparation of test units and the conduct of tests.
- Coordinates testing activities, writes test reports and prepares recommendations related to the test objectives.
- Supports Root Cause and Corrective Action (RCCA) activities associated with development or qualification problems.
- Accountable for accurate and timely reporting of program budget, schedule, and technical problems.
- Understands and applies risk management practices to development and production/field support programs.
- Manages customer requirements and effectively handles scope changes.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills including presentations internally and to customers.
- Ability to operate in a team environments and communicate effectively. Lead and direct work of technicians, support engineers and designers.
- Understanding of principals and analog and digital design circuitry.
- Competent in the use of computer skills stated below.
- Basic knowledge of engineering systems; configuration management, gate review process and engineering change order requirements.
- Ability to assist in the development of organizational procedures.
- Effective time management skills.
- Employee’s primary duties require him/her to use discretion and independent judgment.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s of Science degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience with aerospace processes and methods (DO-160, MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-31000, Y14.100, DO-254) preferred.
- 3D Computer Aided Design (CAD) platforms Dassault Systems Solidworks and Altium EDA software.
- Microsoft Office (Excel & Project)