We are currently looking to hire a site manager to oversee all manufacturing and plant operations for our OEM facility located in Oak Brook, IL. This is a direct position paying 150-170K + up to a 15% yearly bonus. We are looking to interview and have someone start ASAP in this position.
We are seeking candidates that have 5-10 years of experience in a management role within Manufacturing.
Summary: Responsible for the leadership & management of a world class aerospace manufacturing operation. Manage, direct, and implement operations’ strategies and objectives to ensure the achievement of the company’s goals. Specifically, all manufacturing operations’ functions focusing on on-time delivery, cost of sales, quality, gross margin, and human resources; as well as new business development & product introduction for the near term. Focus for the long-term goals are the formulation, planning, and implementation of strategies to continue to grow the business faster than the underlying market.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Achieve company’s yearly financial objectives, through planning, directing, controlling, implementing, evaluating, monitoring, and forecasting as needed to achieve budgets and cost of sales.
- Project a positive image to peers and associates, to the customers, to the industry and to the community by producing a cost-efficient, quality product in a safe & productive environment.
- Plan, prepare, control, monitor, and forecast departmental direct and/or indirect budgets.
- Participate in actions to maximize company’s “win” position for follow-on contracts involving existing products, as well as new business wins for new applications.
- Work with management team to select and establish quality initiatives such as Product Support Teams, and Statistical Process Control techniques as well as pursuing current quality programs to drive down scrap, rework & warranty to achieve objectives.
- Continual improvement of customer satisfaction through programs to reduce delinquencies, provide for on-time delivery, meet customer quality and cost expectations and actively seek customer interfaces to communicate and facilitate customer needs with the organization.
- Drive the product support performance and customer satisfaction through optimizing the FAA/EASA certified repair station to meet or exceed customer’s expectations for turnaround time.
- Identify and develop talented successors for direct position and direct report manager’s positions with a written course of action for their personal development.
Directs and coordinates activities of all on-site employees with 9 direct reports for each functional area or department within the organization.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years’ experience in a Manufacturing Management role. Previous experience in an Aerospace manufacturing environment preferred. Master’s degree preferred.
Expertise in operations management, supplier management principles and quality system requirements.
Skilled negotiator and innovative problem solver, proficient at reducing costs and fulfillment cycle times.
Strong PC skills: Solid understanding of spreadsheet applications.
Verbal and written communication skills, including presenting and facilitating team meetings.
Team player with high levels of professionalism, integrity, and enthusiasm.
Ability to work cross-functionally/geographically at all levels of an organization.
Ability to positively motivate individuals and teams to meet or exceed project expectations.