Maintenance Tech I & Tech II
Diesel Bus Mechanic
LAUNCH TransTechs is looking for a Diesel Bus Mechanic in Algonquin, IL to perform assigned vehicle maintenance related functions and facility maintenance to assist in maintaining school buses in safe, comfortable and like new operable condition. To receive training and hands-on experience to learn to perform the tasks of the trade safely and efficiently and obtain certification as a Technician.
Shift: 7AM-4PM or 8AM-5PM
Pay: $20-$23 per hour
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works under the direct supervision of an assigned skilled and certified journeyman technician to receive hands-on training.
- Performs assigned vehicle and facility maintenance related duties (e.g. vehicle washing, cleaning, fueling, oil changes, lubrication, light vehicle repair etc.) in a safe and timely manner.
- Arranges for and obtains appropriate inspections and approval of all repairs before vehicle is released from maintenance facility.
- Maintains a safe, clean, productive and efficient work area including ensuring work area is in compliance with all relevant Federal, State/Provincial and local guidelines and requirements.
- Records time spent, parts used and repairs conducted on the appropriate form upon completion of an assignment.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Equivalent of a high school diploma or GED.
- 2+ years of related maintenance and repair on medium/heavy duty trucks.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have own tools.
- Must have steel toe boots.
- CDL, or the ability to obtain.
- ASE, preferred but not required.
- Must be able to pass DOT drug test & DOT physical.
- Knowledge of safe work practices, including hazardous materials.
- Knowledge of and/or experience using information technology and software to access technical information and enter vehicle maintenance data.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.