Transit Bus Technician
TransTechs - School Bus Mechanic
Transit Bus Mechanic
Pay: $22 -$27 per hour, depending on experience
Transit Bus Mechanic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Routine and preventative maintenance on school buses.
- Diagnoses malfunctions and performs vehicle repairs (e.g. adjust/test steering, electrical, cooling, lubricating, braking systems, drive trains, suspensions, power steering units, clutches, transmissions and oil, temperature, gas regulating components, adjust/test/rebuild engines etc.) and related assigned duties within qualification level, in accordance with all relevant Federal, State/Provincial and local guidelines and requirements.
- Test-drives vehicles to ensure repair resolved the problem.
- Ensures proper work methods and techniques.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable Federal, State/Provincial and local regulations, requirements, standards and specifications and company policies.
- Maintain a safe, clean and productive work area.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Transit Bus MechanicQualifications and Requirements:
- Equivalent of a high school diploma or GED & 3+ years of related maintenance and repair on bus/medium-duty vehicles.
- Must furnish own tools and steel toe boots.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must pass DOT pre-employment physical, drug screen and background check.
- ASE Certification desirable but not required.
- CDL preferred, but not required.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.