Electrical Fabrication Technician
Electrical Fabrication Technician
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking an Electrical Fabricantion Technician for an opportunity in Atlanta, GA.
Minimum/basic skills & qualifications an individual qualified for this position should possess:
• High school diploma or equivalent, completion of vocational training or an apprenticeship will be an asset.
• Possess an understanding of wiring and electrical theory
• Able to read and understand basic wiring diagrams and work instructions
• Experience in Aircraft Avionics, Avionics fabrication or electrical Fabrication perferred.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access).
• Able to effectively work as a member of a team to achieve stated goals and objectives
• Must be willing to work extended hours, weekends and Holidays when needed to support delivery.
• High level of manual dexterity and detail orientation
• Willing to cross train and assist other teams
• Good oral and written communication skills; able to read, comprehend and create written and verbal instructions in the English language
• Maintains safe operations by adhering to DFP safety procedures and regulations. TOC BADGE REQUIRED / CANDIDATE WILL NEED ACCESS TO EXPRESS CLOCK ONCE ENGAGED
PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO CANDIDATES WHO CAN WORK 2ND SHIFT. ALL CANDIDATES MUST BE FLEXIBLE FOR OVERTIME. Under the direction of Production management, the Electrical Fabrication Technician Fabricates Electrical harnesses and assemblies and installs wiring used in the assembly and integration of aircraft parts and assemblies in accordance with Design Engineering instructions.
• Manufactures wiring harnesses and electrical assemblies with single or multiple breakout points as well as single or multiple termination points according to all applicable regulations and instructions including, FAR regulations as well as Delta, Boeing, and Airbus process and material specs.
• Installs wiring into interior monuments such as lavatories, galleys, and class dividers for aircraft installation.
• Operates Laser wire marker and printers to direct or indirectly mark electrical wiring, wiring harnesses and electrical assemblies.
• Uses precision tools, power supplies and test equipment to measure and perform operational testing of electrical harnesses and assemblies.
• Reads and interprets wiring diagrams, engineering drawings, Test plans and work instructions.
• Works with energized AC and DC circuits according to all safety requirements
• Maintains traceability of all materials used during manufacturing and properly fills out paperwork to ensure compliance with all inspection and FAA requirements.
• Maintains equipment by completing instructed preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s and DFP instructions. Troubleshooting malfunctions and reporting to management for equipment repairs.
• Effectively work with co-workers, engineering and management in problem solving and exploring and implementing best practices in our operations
• Be prepared to cross train and be utilized in other aspects in the production process.
• Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs in job turnovers. Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities (offsite /off-shift training) and continuous self-improvement through trade publications.
• Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests (cross training), exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Comply with lean manufacturing principals and work with leads and supervisors to explore and implement best practices in the manufacturing process.
• Maintains safe operations by adhering to DFP safety procedures and regulations.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH provides you with a real benefits package, including access to company-sponsored medical/dental insurance and a 401k program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.