Diesel Technician II Fleet
LAUNCH TransTechs is looking for a Diesel Mechanic to test, service, and repair tractors and related mechanical components in Auburn, IN.
Shift: Sun – Wed 6am – 4:30 pm
Pay: $20.00 -$23.00 per hour, depending on experience
Diesel Mechanic Duties & Responsibilities:
- Capable of diagnosing and repairing most transmission, engine, electrical, suspension, driveline, HVAC, brakes and air systems.
- Repair/Replace bolt on body parts such as hoods and cab extenders.
- Perform DOT inspections and accurately complete DOT forms and all other forms of documentation in a timely fashion.
- Perform open seat inspections to prepare tractor for next driver.
- Perform 90-day lease operator inspections.
- Capable of using all diagnostic equipment and resources.
- Drive trucks in and out of the shop before and after repairs.
- Clean and maintain work area on a daily basis.
- Maintain a high level of productivity and be able to work within or close to most SRT times.
- Perform basic or minor repairs and inspections on brakes, tires, wiring etc.
- Perform basic and routine preventative maintenance on tractors and trailers.
- Check vehicle fluids; transmission, oil, windshield wiper, antifreeze, etc.
- Perform vehicle preventative maintenance.
- Change vehicle tires
- Grease mechanical parts.
- Must be able to move equipment in and out of the shop.
Diesel Mechanic Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of 2 years of tractor experience required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience in the transportation industry a plus.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Basic computer skills preferred.
- Must provide own hand tools.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time supporting full body weight.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.