Avionics Radio Technician
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking an Avionics Radio Technician with experience performing line and bench maintenance for a contract to direct hire opportunity in Aurora, Oregon
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Avionics Radio Technician Performs bench level repair services on a variety of aircraft avionics communication/navigation/audio components, down to the component level (Depot Maintenance). May perform some flight line maintenance to include inspect, troubleshoot, test, repair and installation.
- Read and interpret maintenance manuals, wiring diagrams, schematics or other technical data to determine the feasibility and method to perform the assigned task.
- Avionics Radio Technicians, under supervision, may install, repair, align, maintain, service and/or tune the following: radio, radar, microwave electronic communication systems receivers and transmitters, including analog and digital HF, VHF and UHF equipment; intercom audio panels and audio amplifiers and public address systems. This will require the use of electronic test equipment and other electronic devices. They will locate and isolate defects in electronic equipment; repair, replace, and troubleshoot defective parts; install electronic units and associated electrical elements.
- Utilizing special tools, circuit testers, meters and equipment; performs tests and/or checks as required to confirm component and system serviceability.
- Document all inspection findings and work performed/corrective action in the appropriate maintenance records.
- Maintains work areas and tools in a clean and organized manner, practices proper tool and FOD control.
- Performs work safely and utilizes the appropriate technical data for the assigned task.
- Monitors and supports continuous improvement activities by utilizing Lean and continuous improvement tools striving to identify and eliminate waste in all its forms in an effort to improve quality and safety, decrease lead time and reduce cost.
Qualifications and requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent; further education or advance instruction relative to technical field is preferred.
- Previous Repairman Certificate and FCC preferred.
- Requires 3+ years’ experience performing bench level repairs on a variety of electronic components.
- Must have knowledge in the proper operation of a multimeters, oscilloscopes, RF signal generators, and soldering equipment.
- Must have electronic component level theory and be able to identify symbols on schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Ability to use precision measuring equipment and hand tools appropriate to the assigned tasks; general mechanics hand tools and appropriate tool box are required.
- CH-47 or CH-46 specific experience preferred; Military or commercial aviation avionics/electrical training preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to work overtime and/or weekends as assigned dependent on production needs
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently
- Conduct oneself in accordance with Company’s Core Values
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.